The results?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Evening ladies

Just wanted to say to all, I really appreciate all replys and advice. It keeps me within the sane limits lol.

Have been phoning gp for scan results since Wednesday as advised by hospital.

Had to be put on doctors phone list - it's borderline satisfactory for a woman of my age( 44) but If I feel the other symptoms are too much - make an appointment to discuss having a coil fitted.

I'm confused. Com. Lol which made me cry then panic - followed by nausea followed by panic and a dose of screaming at the wall.

Do I try a different gp?

Totally fed up.

Cheers again ladies x

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

  • Posted

    Yes find another doctor who will help you. I am looking for another as I've been having problems with mine. They are hard to find these days. Take care xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    My gyn did hormone testing on me and one came back on the "high end of normal"... she made a big deal of it, but after I had surgery (ovary removal, along with cervical and uterine fibroids) and all else was normal, poof... nothing to see here, come back in a year.  All previous concerns about my peri symptoms, weight gain, and that questionable hormone were no longer up for discussion.  I'm looking for another doctor and hope you will, too.  This is hard enough without any real medical support.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi Sazzie,  I would say YES!!  It is time for a new doctor!!  I know they are busy, and we are not their only patients...but!  These doctors are scheduled back to back, and way to close.  They leave no time between patients, we almost always feel so rushed.  I feel so rushed, that I often forget to tell them something, so I started writing things down, they grab the notes, glance at it, and put it in the file...and I still walk out of there with my questions unanswered!  It is so frustrating!!  To say the least!  I think we need to "interview" them!!  If I were you...and I am going to do the same thing soon...I would make an appointment with an

    "Endocrinologist" they are the real hormone people!  They are the ones that will get to the bottom of things.  They are the ones that will run the right test, tests that our gp don't run.  Good Luck Sazzie!!


    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Hi sazzie

    You are so right about the back to back appointments. They don't even look at you when you talk to them. They keep typing away on their computer. Are you in the UK? If so do you have to be referred by your own doctor? Xxx

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi Michelle...So true!!  I don't live in the UK...I'm in the US, so I can go to who ever I want.  Sometime the GP does not like that!  LOL  One time she said, "boy, you have a lot of specialists!"  LOL
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up