The return of the Demon

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi it's been a while since I have been on this lovely site with such kind caring people & such support. However the dreaded Demon that lurks on our shoulders has returned . I have been on Cit for 3 years after having Anxiety /Depression it was a life for me, about 6 months ago after tapering off I came off & seemed to be doing well, however 3 months ago my little dog of which had been with me for 13 years sadly passed & I seemed to be coping, but the last 2 wks have been so awful, the anxiety has returned & I have got the usual symptoms first thing in the morning & can feel it getting worse, I have now started taking 10mg of Cit with the hope that it will help. I have the added problem if now being on blood thinners which are not good with Cit, firstly is anyone else on Cit with blood thinners, & also has anyone else had to return to cit after stopping & how long does it take for it to work the second time round ? I feel so disappointed with myself & weak that I can't deal with life with out a crutch. I really value your opinion , so hopefully you will be able to help me with this. I Thank you for any input X

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

hi linda, are you sure its not withdrawal?

• Posted

Yes I am sure as I have been off the Meds for at least 5 months & have been through the withdrawal. But many thanks for your support

• Posted

Firstly you are not weak - you are an incredibly strong person having to deal with anxiety. Its not your fault, its just how your body works. Millions of people need meds for all types of ailments and anxiety is just one of those.

I’m so sorry about your dog - its heartbreaking when we lose our beloved pets who are part of our families, and yes I imagine this has set you back a bit.

The medicine helps to hang onto our Serotonin making us feel calm, happy and carefree, and often when you come off meds the habit of anxiety can creep back in and before we know if we’re back in it again. This can happen following an upsetting event, or it can just happen without any known reason.

When I was on meds before and had recovered, I reduced my dose to as low as I could and was quite comfortable on that for years. That’s something you could think of when you’re back to full health again.

The Citalopram should work again - it did before for you and it will again. I’ve been on it twice and I will say that it took longer the second time around to work, so just be prepared (it might not for you though).

I’m not on blood thinners but I’m sure if your Doctor prescribed both medications then they’re well aware of the mix of the two.

Restarting meds - just keep going. You know they work for you.

K x

• Posted

Thank you so much Kate for your support & kind words. I know you are right its so lovely to have your support. I will try & keep positive & take the meds as it was described to me as a sticky plaster for the brain. Thanks again X

• Posted

Oh I remember that phrase 'sticky plaster for the brain' 😉 - I first heard it from the lovely david21660 who doesn't use this forum anymore. That's such a great saying - and yes, so true.

Hope you start to pick up soon xx.

• Posted

Thanks again Kate, yes i remember David he was a lovely guy. It was a lovely Doctor that told me 😃 X

• Posted

hi linda

im sorry to hear about your dog

i lost my dog after 13 years, she was my shadow.....i totally totally get your pain.

please dont be hard on yourself, the pain of losing my dog who was with me 24/7 was absoultly heartbreaking, the sadness i felt was incredible, i never really adressed it & kept on working through it & then 1 day i crashed.........couldnt go in the house!

i never really thought it affected me

but it did!

time is a wonderful healer

please be kind to yourself

rob

• Posted

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts & understanding , yes it is so painful & he gave such unconditional love . It so heartwarming to have someone that really understands, thank you again for being so understanding & supportive

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.