The same donor for the second time?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hey ladies, I’d like to hear your opinion on egg donors’ choice.

Long story short, we have a 3 years old daughter born through IVF. Now we would like to try it once more for the second baby. I am thinking of asking for the same egg donor, but does it make sense? 3 years have passed and who knows whether there are any of her eggs left or whether this woman still donates her eggs at all. My husband says it isn’t really important for him. Not sure what to do, what do you think?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey, you should definitely ask whether she is still available 😃 yes – great, no – it’s not that big problem. Who cares about an egg donor appearance if you are going to carry this baby? Good luck!!!

• Posted

Or your donor can already be stimulated for another couple, as it was in my case at btc, for example. We had to choose another woman looking similar to our first donor (and me, obviously). But it wasn’t a problem for us. It all doesn’t really matter. Great that your husband realizes that! Good luck with choosing your donor xx

• Posted

I have no personal experiences, and I recommend contacting your clinic asking them whether this will be possible. You might also email eggdonationfriends who are very knowledgeable, and will help you providing with most reliable info. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.