The scores on the doors.......

Posted , 9 users are following.

Evenin all!

Had another Physio session today, and my movement was measured against the figures from 2 weeks ago......

Im at 87 with my bend, which is 3 away from the holy Grail of 90, and 6 for my straight leg, which is just 1 away from the Physios' required 5.

She said she was really pleased and that I am doing really well. Im still struggling with a straight-leg lift, but Im sure that will happen in its own good time (WITH  good dose of hard work, of course!).

So despite a few really low points in the past week, I think I may be turning a small corner. 

So Happy Easter to you all, I hope you have fun whatever you do xx

4 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Well done, good to be feeling proud of yourself and your progress.
  • Posted

It is such a wonderful feeling when progress is made and praise is given isn't it Terri so well done.  Turning corners describes our rehab perfectly.  Enjoy your Easter eggs!
  • Posted

I am 5 days tkr so I have watches your posts closely since yours, I kind of intend to use you as a benchmark! I had to leave hospital with zero bend due to an issue with a staple,physio has been suspended untill staples are out.I was feeling really down about this but you have made me realise that of course one day soon my knee will bend and my leg will indeed raise,Like many of us I know I am expecting way too much way too soon,thanks for raising my spirits I feel more positive now, Happy easter
    • Posted

Hi there I had same problem could not exercise for some 18days after op due to large blisters appearing where dressing had been, so have had my leg in thick dressingsince nurse removed it on Tuesday. Since then have been doing exercises, finding it hard as knee is stiff but it is getting better.  Have to see physio on Thursday so will no better how I am progressing then.  Have been able to bend a little and it is getting a bit better day by day albeit slowly so there is light at the end of the tunnel. Will keep you posted. 
    • Posted

good to know I am not the only one "on hold" it is a bit frustrating as I know it will be hard to get going when the time comes, let me know how your physio goes,happy easter
  • Posted

Well done. I also struggled with the straight leg lift it just wouldn't move just stayed there then one day I just got into bed without using the 'dog lead' and all went well after that. I still only have a 80ish bend but straight leg ok some days not on others so you are doing great.
    • Posted

a friend who has had tkr a couple of years ago said he thought that the innability to lift his leg was a state of mind.Like you he said it happened by accident, certainly a thought worth holding on to.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.