The sides of my neck are turning brown

Posted , 4 users are following.

imageimageimageI've recently noticed that my neck is turning brown, is not that visible, but I can see it. I'm afraid that it could be diabetes. because of coronavirus outbreak I can't go to the doctor I'm adding as much pictures as I canimageimage

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

the pictures are upside down I dont know why

• Posted

Hi there,

I didn't realise the pictures were upside down - I thought you were wearing a mask!!

I've never heard of browning of the skin being a symptom of Diabetes.

The main symptoms are: Unquenchable thirst, weight loss, weeing a lot more, thrush, extreme tiredness, pins and needles type feelings in arms and legs. Google this as I am not medically qualified and obviously everyone is different.

Maybe log into the Diabetes UK website and post on there for further input.

Best of luck and keep safe!!

Claire xx

• Posted

hello, i had the same and back of my neck became black, it was due to diabetes. do no scrub it, i tried scrubbing them, bled myself and never got away. check with ur doctor. it can also be the result of water fluids in your body.

I am not a doctor, i just had the same problem but at the back and sides of my neck. and once suddenly had a breakout on the back of my hand and inner thighs. they turned black!

Again check with your doctor asap.

• Posted

Wow - I've never heard of this as a symptom of Diabetes. What did your Dr say about it?

I'm not disbelieving you I'm just genuinely curious!!

• Posted

I am not sure that this is a sign of diabetes.

Look for other signs.

Tired

Thirsty

Going to the toilet a lot

Have you got a good chemist you can talk to?

Sarah

• Posted

hello everyone. thank you for your replies. As I mentioned in the post I cant go to the doctor right now, and I havent talked with my doctor too. I've been feeling thirstier though, I havent gain more weight or losing it. I don't feel tired. Those are the only symptoms that I have.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.