The Sinclair Method

Posted , 8 users are following.

After many years of sobriety, I would like to return to controlled drinking. The Sinclair method seems to be the answer although I was doubtful at first.

My problem is that I live in the Pacific Asia region and need information about where to get advice and medication. Can anyone help please.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Colin!

I don't know of any doctors in that area. Australia would be closest. I'll PM you some more info.

• Posted

Hi Colin. I am somewhat confused. If you are sober for so long then why would consider starting to drink albeit limited? A great risk of drinking more and Moore. I personally am sober for nearly 5 years and would never consider having even one drink. Regard Robin
    • Posted

I see it on a fairly regular basis, Robin. Even though one fellow had been sober for over 6 years, it was still nagging at him and he felt like he wanted to be done with it. He started TSM and has been very successful with it so far. 
    • Posted

You’re right. Absolutely. I don’t want to drink and have no intention of doing so. Thank you. I never experience any cravings. Life without alcohol is wonderful.
    • Posted

Interesting to read very sincere replies. Thank you in particular. As I said, an idea; only an idea. I will not drink (hopefully), I have no cravings and I will certainly not use TSM.
  • Posted

I am invited to many celebrations and in some aspects, it is considered an insult not to accept a drink, albeit a sip.

It is only a thought; ironically, I have recently sold my restaurant and am opening a sports bar/music school believe it or not.

Am I hypocrytical? I think not.

• Posted

No, not everyone has a problem with alcohol, they can have a couple of drinks and not get carried away. Certainly, you will be a valuable resource to those who do have a drinking problem if you try TSM yourself and can tell them how it worked for you. I doubt owners of drinking establishments really want sloppy, belligerent drunks around and other people with Alcohol Use Disorder might love being able to enjoy a drink without it turning into a spectacle. 
    • Posted

I’m sorry, if TSM works for some then that’s wonderful. I hear good, positive things about it but I also hear quite the opposite. On second thoughts, it isn’t for me but well done and good luck to all those who use it.
  • Posted

After four alcohol free years, I returned to drinking again, biggest mistake I ever made. A year later I was drinking more than ever. Google kindling and alcohol. Basically it gets harder and harder to stop drinking with each relapse.

I didn’t use TSM, I used acamprosate (campral) which worked really well for me. I do drink socially now, but never touch spirits or drink on my own or secretively.

However there are some occasions when I could happily drink more than a bottle of wine. I am very mindful of what would happen if I let it creep up on me again. I have far too much to lose and have no intention of going down that path again.

• Posted

Great reply Vicks and I love your honesty .Glad to read it's all going well for you. I have not been on here quite so much recently but it's great to catch up on everyone and also more importantly not ignore or forget those who are still struggling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.