The time cometh

Posted , 8 users are following.

well it's nearly upon me now.

2nd T K R this time it's my left knee.

Had my right T K R April 2018.

I am due in next Wednesday February 12th.

they say one is a different experience to the other I am hoping this one will be.

I have dreaded memories from the first one it was pain you couldn't explain.

I am due to go for my final pre op checked in the morning.

Wish me luck 😊

1 like, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good Luck, Defender. May all of your memories from this procedure be positive ones with minimal pain😁

• Posted

Hi there, best wishes and the best of luck to you. You are correct. Each limb reacts differantly, never mind people. So hopefully your heading for a much better experience. Best wishes,Stephen

• Posted

Hi! I can vouch for the 2nd being quite different to the first. My first was October last year and was a text book recovery. It went so well that I had my other knee done just shy of 3 months later on January 7th this year. Although this one isnt horrendous it is behaving quite differently to the 1st. I've had problems that I didnt have with the first, it's been painful for longer and seems to have plateaued a bit this last week. Difficult to understand when both legs are attached to the same body lol!! Hopefully you will find that this one will be the other way around and be better than the 1st one. Fingers crossed for you and best of luck!!!!🀞🀞🀞🀞🀞🀞🀞

• Posted

Good luck. hows your right knee ROM etc

• Posted

Yes I have 120 / 125 if you push hard. on my right knee

there were times when I thought I was never going to get a good R O M but as soon as the swelling started to subside it all started to fall in place.

I will be having a epidural again and going by the noise I heard it is a brutal op.

my surgeon said we do the easy part you do the hard work which just about sums it up

• Posted

Good luck Defender. I wish you a successful operation and a problem free recovery this time round. As you know my second has been a far better experience compared to the first and I hope yours proves to be the same. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you on Wednesday.

• Posted

Many thanks so glad yours went well.

I will post updates how it all goes.

This a great forum for people going through the same situation .

I found this forum a great help first time around it gave me hope when I was feeling very low.

• Posted

Many thanks.

I went for my final blood test and to see the physiotherapist today.

there were 8 in the group there are about five different surgeons there doing knee operation's.

I didn't realize one surgeon does on average 5 total knee replacements on the same day.

• Posted

Yes and you can tell one surgeon does five in a day, that is why so many people are on here having problems!!!!!! and they must be racking it in!!!!!

• Posted

depends on how good the surgeon is. i believe mine does that, and 8 months on i am more than satisfied.

• Posted

I'd have thought the more they do the more experience they have. The surgery takes between 60 and 90 minutes so I don't see 5 a day being unreasonable and it's not as if they're doing 5 every day. Just my opinion and and don't wish to upset anyone who disagrees.

• Posted

I'm most definitely no expert, just my humble opinion. I just think the more they do the better thy might be - they say practise makes perfect.

• Posted

We can all speculate. No two pieces of wood are the same!!!!! My knee was done by the butcher of Huddersfield RI !!!

• Posted

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience. Have they given you any idea what went wrong and whether there's anything that can be done to help?

• Posted

the Huddersfield 'ego' surgeon was heavy handed and lacking finesse. I am getting another opinion.

• Posted

sounds like a nightmare! Not only second opinion, but recommendations for the surgeon from people in the medical profession, people he's operated on, etc. I wish you loads of luck and a good recovery.

• Posted

NO! I'm not any kind of mole. I'm not sure why you would think I was? I've had a lot of treatment under the NHS over the years, but that's my only connection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.