The Umbrella of COPD

Posted , 5 users are following.

HI  everyone  as  a recently  diagnosed   person with  COPD.   Does  anyone  on here  actually  know   what   the names  of all  the  illnesses  are  that  are  under  the  umbrella  of  COPD.    hope  you understand   what  im  asking  .  many thanks    julie    xx

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

My pulmo says there are 8 but I don't knows w what they all are aside from emphysema & chronic bronchitis.

Did you try asking your doctor/nurse or looking it up?

• Posted

hi  the info  i   have  leaflets  etc  just mention  the  2   what  you have  said.     i  was  just  curious.      i  must  admit  im just  presuming  ive  got the  emphysema.       thanks  for  answering      julie   
    • Posted

Julie, one perhaps ought not presume or self-diagnose lung diseases. PLEASE go see the doctor. Sometimes all that's wrong is an infection, but lung infections scar the lungs when left untreated. That scarring can cause terrible problems in the future.

Or maybe you do have emphysema. Wouldn't you like to know just how bad your lungs are? Wouldn't you like to know what regimen will help you stay healthy as long as possible?

Pulmonary function tests are necessary but you can't do them on Amazon. Please see a doctor.

• Posted

ditto aitarg, do you have any professional medical diagnosis?

of not you should,  if you have symptoms that are preventing you from enjoying a normal active life communicate your symptoms to you GP rather than here.

• Posted

hi  sorry  ive  not  explained   properly   my  fault.      yes  ive been diagnosed  with  copd      its  was  about   4  weeks  ago.     
    • Posted

hi  vee  sorry   my  fault         i   was diagnosed  around   4  wks  with  copd.  thanks  for  all your  comments   
  • Posted

My husband has copd, diagnosed 7 years ago,  his is chronic  bronchitis, but it can be emphysema, which lunch fill with fluid too.

It s aterrible disease, he is in and out of hosptial with flare ups and has had pneumonia with it twice, he isnt on oxygen yet  but lot of tablets and nebulizer swhen he gets flare ups.

I have to deal with his changing moods which happens as this disease progresses, it isnt easy for the partner to cope with.  Would be pleased to hear from anyone else who is havign to deal with a patient with this disease. 

• Posted

You may want to post your comment as a separate post NHS Survivor, so that it doesn't get overlooked.  I look after myself, no one to help me cope with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.