The Value of warmth

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently returned from a week's holiday in Turkey.  The temperature was between 32 and 36 degrees during the day and around23 to 28 at night.  It occurred to me that within 24 hours of landing, daily pains that I try to ignore had almost completely disappeared.  I was able to walk an average of 11km daily without any difficulty.  My point is that the warm weather made a massive difference to my FMS.  I realised also that I haven't suffered nearly as much this summer at home, because, I believe, the weather has been wonderfully warm.  I will have to give serious consideration to making a move to warmer climes when I retire as the last few days have shown me again that the weather is a major factor.  As it has been cool and damp I have been extremely stiff and have had to top up my regular meds with paracetomol and dihydrocodeine. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I live in Israel and most of the time its really really hot in here so i really try to be at the beach a lot and really just sit in the sun cause it feels so good and i can tell you that when its winter i suffer badly with the pain... so i sleep with a pillow that you can put in the microwave...

so yeah you have a good point there- always keep yourself warm it really helps with the pain.

• Posted

I live in Australia..summer spring is great for  Fibro but I can feel when winter is coming..Autum It starts to hurt...🙏

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.