The weather and ME

Posted , 6 users are following.

Last winter was when I had the flu that became ME so I have not had many seasonal chances to contend with. Now the weather has changed, it is very cold and damp here at the moment, I find I have got all sorts of pains. :cry:

My shoulder is sore but I put that down to arthritis and the fact it needs operating on some time sad

The \"new\" problem is muscle pains especially my thighs. It is not the joints, defo the muscle. :evil:

Last night I just laid on the settee and they still hurt. Painkillers dont seem to work, but I did sleep, thanx to the Dossies smile

I cant remember if it happened last year cos last year cos is a blur of not being well and not getting better. :roll:

I also have tender spots in my upper arms and lower back am worried about fibromyalgia

Any ideas :?:

Dale xxx

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Could well be fibromyalgia Dale sad The two conditions are very closely linked and cross over in places.

The weather here has been cold and very damp for days now, and it has certainly exacerbated my fibro ....... mainly neck, shoulders and upper arms. Nothing responds to painkillers so I have given up taking them now. The dossys definitely help though.

The true fibro sufferers are definitely affected by weather changes ... I often have a look at their forum.

Sorry can't be more helpful sad

Hope your friend Teedie is okay .... I guess she has a lot of work on. I love hearing from her .... she makes me laugh :lol:

• Posted

Yes, Katie, this work lark is really tiring her. :lol:

I miss her too :wink:

My pain is defo upper arms, shoulders and neck. The car crash did not help either. :evil:

Got stuck in my vest the other day and Ally was not in to help me out of it :roll: :oops:

Dale xxx

• Posted

I miss Teedie. Think I'll send her an e mail sad
  • Posted

:grrr: I've just lost all my post - it's not going to beat me :cry:

Aw thanks guys - it's nice to be missed. :D

Yes, work is tiring me out a bit, by the time it gets to 3pm my brain stops functioning. :evil:

I was at court this morning as a witness for a child who is suffering neglect - i was so nervous as i had never been before. :roll: After sitting in the room for 2 hours waiting to hear what was happening the parents finally admitted neglect to their solicitor. I was so relieved. :? So we could leave.

I am so tired at night and sleep soundly until 4am and then i'm awake so i am shattered. :roll:

Dale, I too have fibro type pain but don't know if it's a mixture of stress or cold weather. I put it down to dancing on Saturday night.

My daughter has given up Uni but i'm happy if she is. :?

• Posted

Nice to hear from you Teedie. Try not to work too hard. Look after yourselve. smile
  • Posted

Hi Teedie :D

Really nice to hear from you again! Yes, you must find work really wearing, but then at the same time, it's nice to be part of the real world :earth:

Uni doesn't suit everybody. My daughter didn't even finish her A levels - just walked out half way through the course having done sweet FA :evil:

Told her that she therefore had to get a job. She worked in a local Bentalls for a year - best thing she did, as it made her suddenly grow up and realise that she would have to put a bit of effort into something if she was going to earn a decent salary.

She then became a trainee with a local insurance company, took the various exams and is now a broker with an American company earning good money. Many of her friends who completed uni are without jobs and are in massive debt. So just support her in what she finally decides to do - it will all work out in the end :ok:

Cripes, have gone way off topic again .......

Sorry Dale :D

Take care everyone

• Posted

Katie, it's worrying at the time isn't it? My eldest son gave up the thought of uni after A levels, got into drugs and wrote off 2 years of his life. when he was 19 he couldn't even hold down a part time job in a bar. He is now 28 with a very responsible job in insurance, taking exams and has a lovely partner and they have their own place.

It's tough , it's hard but you just keep loving them. Sometimes it is all you can do and if they know you are there they will come right. smile

• Posted

Yeah, you're right girls. I don't mind what she does as long as she is happy.

No-one is without their worries :roll:

• Posted

Happiness is the most importand thing at the end of the day.
  • Posted

i know this is a bit of a late response but just wanted to say: i've got a first class BA and a masters degree (almost) and am virtually unemployable. sad

uni costs so much these days that i really think they need to be more open about your prospects, especially if you're doing an arts/humanties degree. basically, you need to do another qualification on top of your degree to get anywhere. eg PGCE, or journalism training etc.

i dont regret doing my degrees because i wanted to be an academic, but its very depressing to spend all that time and money only to be told you're qualified for nothing :roll:

good luck to your daughter teedie, hope she's happier now

Trees x

• Posted

Not to mention the student loan. Sarah graduates next year and, even with living at home she has got quite a debt there.

What they do not tell you when they inform you that you do not have to start paying it back until you are earning at least x amount, is the fact that right from the beginning, interest is being added every month, increasing the amount of the loan all the time. :roll:

• Posted

i know! :shock: in the four years since i left uni iver acrued almost £3000 pounds interest! :evil:

ah well, at the rate im going im never going to have to pay any of it back, so there! :nahnah:

Trees x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.