The worst headache ever

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had an eventful last two weeks. Two weeks ago, on Sunday, I had sinus infection symptoms (pain in the nose, teeth, ears, facial swelling, rashes). I had an e-visit with a clinic and the doctor prescribed me nasal spray and Mucinex DM. She wanted to wait on the antibiotic because, at that time, it was only about a week, and they didn't send out antibiotics until at least ten days. She also wanted me to get a negative covid test to rule that out.

My back started hurting and I was alternating Advil migraine/Tylenol (I know that's probably not the right thing to take, but when my back pain flares up, it's really bad). I got the negative covid test and on the 10th day (the next Sunday), I started getting a bad migraine that would last for hours until I took Advil Migraine, but then it would come back every-time.

I had the second clinic appointment on Tuesday and told the PA about the migraine. By then, most of the other sinus symptoms had gone. She told me to go to Urgent Care. She was worried about a bleed in my head. I went to UC, they sent me to the ER. This was Wednesday. My head was far worse. I was so much pain. The only thing that was helping now was the Advil Migraine. The ER doc did a CT can, found nothing, and said it was stress and put me on two anti-anxiety meds while in the ER. They did nothing for the migraine. He sent me home with beta blockers and an antihistamine.

I was able to get an appointment with a new PCP today, Friday, this being my 4th doctor I'm seeing about this. I starting feeling UTI symptoms on Wednesday and told the doc about that and the unbearable migraine that kept coming back. If not for the Advil, the migraine pain level was at a 8 or 9. I cannot move or speak and I'm not coherent when it's happening. She did a urine culture, and I have a UTI. Getting the antibiotics tomorrow (Saturday).

She also prescribed me:

Amitriptyline HCI 25 mg (Elavil) for sleep.

Metoprolol Tartrate 50 mg (Lopressor) for pain.

Zolmitriptan 5 mg (Zomig) nasal spray for pain.

So far I don't see much of a difference with the Zomig and Lopressor. It didn't seem to work, but I'll try again tomorrow. My insurance was very stingy with the meds and she couldn't get half the meds she wanted to prescribe me. I don't know what to do. Advil is the only med that is making me human and normal. This is the worst pain I've ever felt and it's not going away. I do the cold wash cloth, warm wash cloth, warm shower, lots of water, no caffeine, rest in the dark, eat healthier foods, try to limit my stress. I don't know what else to do and I'm sick of seeing doctor after doctor.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Before, my migraine get worst and last for a week. It's a hell week. I decided to visit Gold Coast Headache and Migraine clinic, and that gave me relief. You might consider to see a physiotherapist, they may help you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.