Theme park and Crps

Posted , 3 users are following.

I now have crps in my hand as well as my foot, tommorow I am going to Alton towers theme park, and I'm just worried about the pain from vibrations etc on the rides, espesically in my hand.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Firstly, I have CRPS predominately in the left foot and leg but has now started to spread. Like yourself I initially worried about doing actitives such as this, infact the anxiety alone was debiliating enough. 

That said, a few weeks ago my wife and I travelled to the USA (30+ hours via China) and spent 12 days travelling from San Fran to Las Vegas to LA before heading home.  Some days were excruciatingly painful and I consumed almost 3 times my usual script of Oxy (my breakthrough medication) in the process, yet it was probably the best 12 days I've had in 2 years.  My point is it will probably hurt but how is that different to any other day?

What I learnt on my trip was not to try too hard to do everything and focus on what is achieveable. Pick a couple of things you really would like to do first, anything else is a bonus. Pace yourself, waiting a few more minutes for an activity isn't the end of the world. Able bodied people will push in front of you, its human nature.  If your going with friends and family make sure you communicate what you hope to get out of the day, including which activites you want to do with them and which are okay to do on your or their own.  One major thing I keep reminding myself is my disease has a massive impact on everyone, not just me.  So it's okay to ask for help.

I really hope you go and enjoy yourself.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, that's very helpful. Overall the day was good, I was in pain but I managed okay

• Posted

Hi Lucy. How did you get on at Alton Towers, I've often wondered how I would get on if I went? I have CRPS in my leg and arm. I try not to let it rule my life but thought I might struggle at theme parks now.

• Posted

Hi, I was the same with worrying about if I would struggle or not, but the day was really good. The pains in my feet was quite bad from a lot of walking but I managed. And with my hands on the rides, it was slightly painful on some rides but I was overall okay

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.