Therapists advice backfired on me, now constant acid reflux today?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So this weeks session was all about irrational fears.. He basically told me to go home on Wednesday and eat the most unhealthy food I could find and to have sex. (no he's not weird, I've just become terrified of the high pulse during it so I basically stopped doing it lol). So I did. It went well, So yesterday I had a sub and also a slice of birthday cake.

This morning I woke up with a gnawing pain in the middle of my upper abdomen. Its been going on and off all day, and seems to get worse when I lay in a certain position, bend over or have my legs up. Is this just horrible gas pains? I'm not used to this type of pain, so naturally I'm assuming the sub Put me over the edge and I'm now dying..

I basically just need someone to reassure me that gas pains on and off all day that are sharp and spread from the middle of my upper abdomen to the side are normal. (i am burping up some but nothing near what My stomach feels like it should).. Will I ever be able to eat the foods I used to, even once a week? I feel like ever since my son, my body is stuck on a never ending routine of health foods and no sugar or caffeine. I just want a coffee and a cheeseburger like I used to be able to gladly eat! Lol

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry. I can see where the therapist is coming from as you are feeling deprived .

Which side is the discomfort?

?It  sounds like gerd pain and will go. Albeit it is very painful.

I usually drink lots of water to dilute the acid or take a quarter of a teaspoonful of bicarbonate of soda in about half a cupful of water.

?This should help .Have you got any antacids in the house?  

I suggest keeping to a bland diet for a couple of days, avoiding sugar, spicy foods, alcohol  etc. I don't know whether you smoke or not but if you do avoid smoking.

Pain killers are not really useful as you are just adding extra chemicals to irriitate the stomach. As for eating certain foods in the future you can if you sort out the reflux with advice from your dr.THere are medications that can be prescribed for a few weeks to help the healing.

?

• Posted

Thank you.. Its pretty much in the middle of my stomach, but will occasionally spread to both sides (more the right) if I really aggravate it. I'm definitely eating healthy again, I can't believe my body ever handled this type of foods on a daily basis.

• Posted

I know where you are coming from. Cheese,  beefburgers contain a lot of additives. hey are notorious for causing indigestion , however they do taste nice!!!!

Perhaps when you have received treatment for what sounds like reflux then you will be able to stand a cheeseburger. Only one way to find out! However on the other hand operhaps you will have developed a distaste for them!!

Hiatus hernia can cause reflux but only your dr will be able to give you a definite diagnosis. However it sounds like reflux and possible hiatus hernia . These can be treated so no need to feel anxious anymore.

• Posted

YOU HAVE REFLUX!!!!!!!    go and get some over the counter antiacid pill......   like nexium.    i have been through this with my husband. look at the foods that are ok if you have reflux. He can eat a cheeseburger, but he hurts and pays for it all night long........  you may need to go see an interest. 

i can't imagine a pdoc telling you to do this. lol

• Posted

When I was around 18 I did, I could have been younger than that even. I'm 27 now, but I've always had stomach issues. This one just feels different. It didn't start though until today, have I just been keeping it calm with healthy eating so I never felt it act up before? Or am I thinking of an ulcer. I'll have to look it up

• Posted

Just stick to your bland diet and see if things improve. If you keep googling you will drive yourself potty.

The drs can worry about the diagnosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.