There is a Trigger

Posted , 5 users are following.

A genuine Gout sufferer will have experienced the errupting volcano of pain in the big toe.  I was woken at 2 am ,called a taxi and went to A&E ,as I could not put my foot to the ground, the driver fetched a wheel chair to get me in there.  Finally called ,the nurse took one look and said ""you've got Gout" so of course I asked all the stupid questions I'm sure we all ask

Where from ? .how,did it start ? etc. Sent home with a pair of crutches, after a two minute explanation of how to use said crutches,, some  paracetamol, one shoe and told to see my G'P .

GP prescribed the usual drugs, my body is a confirmed drug hater ,and made  it quite clear, these tablets were not to kept in my system.. So I  went on Paracetamol, bed rest,,leg up  .nothing covering THE TOE. .

When I could get a shoe on without yelping ,I went to H&B for a chat with the incredibly knowledgeable person who worked there,who suggested

Bromelain for the pain, and Cherry Effect to help remove the crystals

Almost immediate removal of pain and swelling I now, always. keep them to hand. Over the past few years I have had the reappearance .but tke the herbals as soon as I feel a twinge.. Also I have discovered .that the culprit for the flares is, in my case MUSHROOMS,,, I has an inkling that they

were to blame, so, I did a two day scoff of lots of mushrooms,, and sure enough ,the gout started,,  which has lasted two days ,,thanks to the herbals ,, So, I think we all have a particular trigger that sets the gout off,

As much as I love mushrooms,, no more. !!!!

Jaqueline    

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

• Posted

Jaqueline

Let's get some science - what is your level of blood uric acid when not having an attack?

What other illnesses do you suffer apart from gout?

Which drugs could your body not handle?

• Posted

I don't do Science,,I do common sense.

I do have other  (illnesses ) I prefer to call them situations,,and they get 

treated the same way as I treat my occassional Gout,, With Herbal  Remedies.

9 out 0f 10 prescription drugs made me more ill. due to the vast amount of side effects,, so I only take the odd antibiotic. and my health is very good. ,and I intend to keep it that way.. I may have given the impression that I had Gout for only a few days, when  in fact, I did have it, on and off for a few years,,until I finally found the Herbal cure. I  (used  to ) eat lots of mushrooms, and now I don't. I just did the mushroom scoff, to prove to myself, no one else ,that they were the culprits.I

I just posted on this forum ,, regrettably now ,,,, as som people may have been willing to give the herbs a chance,  as nothing else worked.

You spelt my name wrong,, 

• Posted

Hi Rusty, so I went to my doctor, told him about my gout in my hand issue. He ran some blood tests and said everything was perfect. Blood urate was 4.80. I was looking at him sort of bewildered, then I asked if it's that low then I must have pseudo-gout, he said I don't think you have any crystals there, since it's on your abductor pollicis brevis, it could be arthritis. I tell ya, if it's not one thing it's always another! Have a great day!

• Posted

I'm afraid that common sense doesn't really work with some illnesses as much of it is counter-intuitive.

For example, common sense would tell us that if we get the symptoms under control, then we have controlled the illness. Common sense would not tell us that the underlying hyperuricemia is still there, and is slowly undermining our health, and a decade down the line contributes to the very high mortality rates of gout sufferers.

If however you have several ailments, it may be that controlling the gout may conflict with the other problems.

• Posted

Testing for blood urate during, or within a month, of a gout symptoms, is pointless. Gout attacks cause a fall in blood urate. It takes several weeks to build the urate back to previous levels. As for 4.8, it is a level at which you won't have symptoms (assuming that is also your level a month down the road), but it is higher than the levels recommended by NICE for those who have suffered from gout.

Gout crystals are known to cause symptoms in tendons, especially in the wrists and hands.

• Posted

Rusty, I haven't had any gout attacks in awhile. I thought it was carpal tunnel, but then I don't have numbness, just the occasional wrist and abductor pain & it was after I took a nasty fall about a 1.5 ago. They put me in a brace but then once in awhile the pain comes back. Doc doesn't think it's carpal tunnel nor gout.  Where I'm at we don't follow NICE. Here it's btw 2.6-6.0mg/dl for women. 

• Posted

I had exactly these carpel tunnel effects. Disappeared after 6 weeks of allopurinol and never returned.
  • Posted

I'm glad that these remedies seem to cure your Gout, they don't work for me. Having suffered from Gout for 6 years and currently having an attack I would like to warn you against getting too cocky. Don't ever expect Gout to be predictable and definitely don't trigger an attack just to prove you can cure it. You WILL regret it!

• Posted

Philip

Firstly proviso: this applies if a person does not have any other maladies which means they take drugs which interfer with treatment.

If somebody has an attack of gout, it has little to do with what they are last night. It is because they have reserves of monosodium urate which are entering the blood, or because they have hyperuricemia.

Only 30% of people stick to the treatment regime. Even more never begin the treatment. Of those that continue with the treatment the overwhelming majority have no gout for decades. (See the research). The main problem is non-compliance.

• Posted

Interesting. I rarely ever eat mushrooms. Is there any type of mushroom in particular you don't recommend?

• Posted

Mushrooms are not plants as many of us think, but their biology is more like an animal - very high in purines.
    • Posted

I stopped eating mushrooms, because it was causing fungus to grow on my toenail. A doctor said, eating mushrooms could be feeding whatever fungus you have and that's why it's growing. When I stopped eating mushrooms, my fungus went down. Weird science. 

• Posted

What tends to make yeast infections grow are sugars in the blood.
    • Posted

I would definitely avoid the mushroom Amanita phalloides, commonly known as the death cap (but I must admit they aren't commonly sold in Waitrose or Aldi).

• Posted

I dont eat mushrooms anymore because it makes my body react in strange ways. Scary stuff eating poisonus mushrooms. Thanks for the headsup. 
    • Posted

No, I don't have yeast infections. If I had a yeast infection I would eradicate it ASAP. My podiatrist said it was the typical kind dermatophytes, that spreads from atheletes feet to the toenail bed, except that I don't have atheletes feet either. Maybe I had it once and got rid of it but it spread to my toenail. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.