There is hope

Posted , 10 users are following.

I don't often look at this site anymore. About a year ago I had finally taken my last dose of prednisone. I was lucky my PMR lasted about 18 months. I did get pred induced diabetes which I have under control. Who knows I may have eventually gotten it anyhow.

The whole point of dropping by is to say don't get too down about the whole thing. Just keep trying and following the sage advice that is offered here. Thank you all for the help you have given me along the way.

Linda

5 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

How did you manage your reductions? And did you have any feeling that your PMR had gone? I only ask because about three weeks ago I suddenly felt like I was feeling better...the odd aches and pains in my hips which have been there for the past two years have disappeared, though I still have a bit of a problem with bursitis in one of my hips.

I'd be really interested to hear what you have to say!

• Posted

I realise that sounded really abrupt...Sorry! Please forgive! I am of course really pleased for you that your PMR has gone, and thank you for posting such a positive item.

• Posted

for the most part i did the slow method that is advocated here. i paid attention to what my body was telling me so in one or two instances i increased my dose. once the pred kicked in i was pretty much pain free and continued to be active. i augmented the meds with chiropractic care and acupucture on occasion. i still have some aches but at 66 i would expect that anyhow. it wasnt like i woke up one day and was pain free, but its not the same as the pMr.

• Posted

Thanks so much for the reply. I too have managed my reductions by the DSNS method and am doing well so far. I increased my dose occasionally when I was ill for some reason, and only have reduced when feeling well. I'm on my way down to 2.mg from 2.5. I'm not holding my breath, but am cautiously hoping that all being well I may be PMR free by this time next year...or perhaps earlier if I'm lucky.

Thanks again, and I hope you remain PMR free for good. Best wishes.

• Posted

How lovely to hear that news. Keep well

• Posted

Glad to hear you had a short journey and it has stayed in remission - if only we all had such a happy story to tell!! Thanks for dropping by!

• Posted

i know i was a lucky one and i am grateful every day!

• Posted

lovely to hear. thank you for thinking of us. a little ray of hope, much needed.

• Posted

Thank you, and very nice to hear from you and that you are doing well. ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.