There is light at the end of the tunnel

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking fluoxetine for about 6 weeks now. The first 5 weeks were rough and had many side effects. Couldn't eat slept a lot nauseous crazy thoughts up and down moods Even one night of night swets head aches for a few days and tightness in my neck, I'm sure I'm missing some even lol but anyway it was rough. I am only taking 5mg for GAD the doc wants me to up it to 10mg but I'm doing pretty good on 5mg. Anyway I just woke up one morning and had no anxiety And it has been GREAT ever since. I do have some heart palpitations yet but everything else is

Gone!!! I do now have slight muscle twitching as well but and some small anxiety related thoughts but they go away I'm like 20 sec!!! So please anyone taking Prozac hang inn there u too will wake up one day and feel great!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Thanks for your feedback gives a lot of hope. I was bedridden the 1st 3 weeks BuT it gets better I'm weeks 9 now and I still have my days I think I'm going crazy but then I look forward to my good days

• Posted

I am so pleased reading this, it's exactly how I responded to Prozac ok we still have our wobble days but when I look back to when I first started taking it the improvement does come. I always say patients is important

• Posted

I am in 6 weeks as well first three weeks awful as you say then a good 10 days and back to square one but I seem to be coming out the other side now at last.... Stick with the plan, don't change your dose that seems to be the advice and what I have done....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.