There is pain in my sides that I don't know how to get rid of.

Posted , 5 users are following.

It hit me before i went to bed. It's also took turns between both my sides. The pain tends to stay longer and more often on my left side, though. At first it was just a bit sore on both sides, then just lingered on my left side. But after a while it went away, so i didn't think twice about it. Then it came back later on my right side slightly worse, but bearable enough to carry on like normal, yet faintly there on the other side. Today it's on my left side again the worse its been yet the last couple of days. It was in a small area between my hip and ribcage (both sides) at first, but on my left side the pain has expanded some. And moved up to the lower area of my ribcage. Stretching and \or laying down has helped reduce the pain. But it still comes back. I'm not sure what exactly whats wrong.other than what's going on. I don't know what to do either.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are your bowels working normally? It could be something with your bowel if there is a build-up. If it's not that, its hard to say as there are so many organs in there. If your bowels are sluggish, you may want to take fibre with lots of water and some type of probiotic to get things moving properly.

• Posted

In my experience, stomach related problems convert to :

1. stomach pain obviously
    2. chest pain
    3. back pain ( left side, just behind the stomach )
    4. right side pain ( when the digested food is passing through the right side of body )

These pains generally happen when the body starts the digestion process. That is, to notice that not just after eating but after 4-5 hours of eating. So when you have eaten food in afternoon, you will start feeling pain/loud-gurgling around 5-6'o clock. What you eat in the night may start showing up effect after 8-10 hours in the morning. It may be because sleep probably reduces the speed of digestion process. This is why the pain seems to go and comes in case of stomach problem and worsen in case of some special foods that create more issues when you are already suffering with stomach issues . Bread, milk and egg were in my case ( not now though ).

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. Just used to experience all these during my 2 years of stomach problem. I had got hpyolri and now going good after it's medication.

• Posted

Are you experiencing change of bowel habit or stress? Have you noticed any problems with certain foods? It could be any number of things. The best thing to do about it is to see your doctor.That way you will get a diagnosis and treatment which will help you to get rid of your pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.