There's light at the end of the tunnel. Keep going!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys. Today has been such a big day for me. I've been suffering with anxiety all my life but about 5 months ago it got so severe. I started having panic attacks. I had to leave my job because of it and everything. After 7 sessions of counselling and continuing taking 30 mg citalopram which I will continue to take I have completed my counselling which I will no longer need. I feel a million times better and feel as though I'm almost back to myself. It's been the toughest few months of my life, but had made me such a strong person. I just wrote this to show some positive thought about anxiety. Don't get me wrong. Some days are hard, but not everyday will be perfect or even good. Your aim in life should be to be content because that's all we want from life. My advice, always see the positive from any situation as best as you can, and think, anxiety cannot kill you, it can't harm you, it's just THERE! I hope this sheds some positive light to some people and keep going. I promise you. It'll get better xxx

3 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Did you at lease get rid of your panic attacks with your treatment? Just curious>
    • Posted

Id say counselling, tablets and a lot of research into anxiety and panic attacks has helped me so much. I haven't had a panic attack for about 2 months now!
    • Posted

That's great news. Have you been to the places where you have had a panic attack previously and been ok?
    • Posted

I haven't been to the one place as I've never had the chance to but I always get the feeling in going to have a panic attack but I've now come to a point where I can bring myself round from panic attacks and talk myself that I'm not going to have a panic attack. I kept feeling I was going to have a panic attack in my car because I did once in my car whilst driving and now I drive my car everyday with no worries
    • Posted

That's brilliant. I want to get to that point where I can stop the panic but it is tough going. I'm determined not to let it ruin any more of my life though
    • Posted

When you start hating anxiety and panic attacks you'll get to a point where you think. You know what. It isn't going to kill me...and you can get on with your life as normal. Keep going. It's tough but you can do it
  • Posted

Hey jo

Im so glad to hear that and thanks for posting.

Ive got anxiety, panick and depersonalisation and derealization with disturbed thinking. On top of all this im isolating myself finding it hard to be around peopld and feeling like where has the day gone and my memory feeling vague. It all started from anxiety and one thing just lead to another Its so hard to see the light but im trying to stay positive.

Can you let us know what you experienced through this.

• Posted

I completely know what you mean. I only had anxiety and panic attacks but I isolated myself away from everything even work. I started with the littlest things to get me out the house as much as possible. Even if it's going to the shop to buy my favourite chocolate bar or something like that. Little steps. The more I went out the more I started feeling comfortable. Another thing I did and still do is in a journal write 3 things down everyday which are positive. Whether it's a stupid thing like you've cleaned the house, or you felt better than you normally do. Just anything. This helped me program my brain into finding the positive out of any situation. It had been hard don't get me wrong. Just keep researching and posting on here. This has so much support on this website and research comforted me reassuring me I'm not mad I'm just a normal person with anxiety! I hope this helps x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.