There's no way this is depersonalization

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am feeling so fatigue, weak, exhausted, unreal, like my body is tingling/numb (but not the numbness of not moving) just imagining being light-headed throughout your entire body every minute of the day 24-7 hasn't stopped for 9 weeks, my days have been around the same in terms of anxiety. I've just not felt myself since this happened to me.

I'm losing it hard. I seriously don't understand how some psychologists and doctors can be so self-centered. 

I respect that they blame anxiety but how does anxiety affect me like this, This is the most physical symptom I've experienced that's affecting everything I do every minute of the day no matter what I do. 

I'm at the point where I don't know where else to turn for help.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Damien, this sounds like classic anxiety. We read these symptoms every day of every week, etc.

Did none of your doctors recommend meds? When I staggered into Urgent Care with these same things, the first thing they did after diagnosing anxiety was give me a prescription for anti anxiety meds. I was out the door, on my way to the pharmacy before the doctor came back into the room.

Within a couple of days, I was on my way to sanity again...calm enough to make the decision to find a way to help myself, and ended up here where I got help, support, explanations and caring. You are in the right place, Honey.

The hardest thing for you right now may be accepting that this is all anxiety, and begin learning how to deal with it.

If you got no meds to help, at least for a time, I would demand something. If no help, go to a psychiatrist...this is their field, and also being medical doctors they can prescribe and suggest personal therapys.

You are not alone. All of us here are familiar with your symptoms and many more. It may be a bit slow here because of the week-end, but don't give up hope.

In the meantime, no fast or fried foods, sugar, caffeine, sodas. booze, and cut way down of ciggies if you smoke.  These things make anxiety worse. Eat healthy and drink plenty of water to flush some of the adrenaline raging through your body.

You will be okay. We have all been there, and are improved or are improving with each other's help. Welcome to the forum. We are glad you are here. Remember, Sweetheart....we are all in the same boat...rowing together. wink I will be heading for bed shortly, and will check here tomorrow.

• Posted

I've had all of these symptoms and I can assure you it is depersonalisation/derealisation. Did you start getting this when your anxiety was getting worse? If so, it is definitely that.

Your mind and body is so connected that your mind can create all sorts of physical symptoms, whether it's with health anxiety or creating all this fog, unreal feelings etc. Your body is trying to cope with this anxiety so it's temporarily taking yourself out of reality to protect itself.

• Posted

I experienced depersonalization myself and it felt like my body was numb and the top of my head would tingle. When I walked it didn't feel like I was walking just floating. I thought I couldn't tell between hot and cold. The world around me looked fake people looked fake like I was in a dream. It's all part of anxiety I'm on meds now and feel so much better. It has gone away now.

• Posted

The fog part was the worst felt like I couldn't think or concentrate for nothing. Like my mind was just clouded.

• Posted

I started taking 150mg of Venlafaxine (generic for Effexor) it took about 3 weeks for it to really start kicking in and made me feel so much better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.