There’s something wrong, but I don’t know what.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Since i was younger (im 30 now), i have slept more than i should. i would come home from secondary school and nap for 4 or more hours. Plus sleep through the night.

As I've gotten older, the time i sleep has increased, now after 9-5 work i will come home and sleep until 8-9 and then sleep from 11-8, this is almost everyday.

when i wake up its like I've never slept, I'm still super tired,... exhausted. like I've had no sleep, like i struggle to have energy for anything.

Another thing I've always had it very poor circulation in my legs. Normally when people sit down on the floor, whether its crossed legs or with them out in front. They can last for a while before they start getting numb. My legs turn numb instantly. Pin and needles, cold, strong dull ache, i also cant put any type of Moisturiser or cream on my legs as they start to turn blue.

Another thing with my legs is, more often than not i will get a intense dull ache in my lower leg, like ive been walking a marathon, but haven't.

whether its just walking up the stairs or just moving around. its usually increases at night to the point i cant sleep and it becomes so intense its painful. At some points i've wanted to chop my legs off, because its so uncomfortable.

i also have scars from simple cuts now that don't heal and just scar.

I've been to the doctor, ive had blood tests done (which all came back clear), ive been referred to rheumatology to which they scored me very high on fibromyalgia however because i didn't experience pain when he poked me said thats nothing wrong, and dismissed me. all i keep doing is hitting brick walls, and its frustrating. All ive been told is that i work too much,and need a week off. (which i have done, and suprise suprise im still going through the same symptoms. i do a normal job at 35hrs) and im 30..... i should be healthy and not having these issues. Now i dont bother to go to doctors, and just suffer through the pain as everyone seems to just keep telling me theres nothing wrong.

i know my body, this has been going on for years however now I'm older is getting worse. im fit and healthy, i do aerial and i work.

i dont know what else to do, but i cant keep living like this... i want to go out and enjoy my life not spend most of it in pain and sleeping.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

They certainly could be the symptoms of Fibromyalgia. A most difficut condition to treat but there are medications that can help you cope. Please go back to your doctor and argue your case. Sometimes an anti depressant can help tremendously. They take a couple of weeks to start working efficiently and you may have a few side effects at first, which soon wear off, but it really is worth it.

• Posted

i will keep trying to argue it. just very frustrating when it seems no one is listening. thankyou for your advice though! i Shall see what they say about anti depressants too, just want the intense aching to stop.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.