There seems to be no answer

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a burning sensation in the cheeks of my buttocks and vulva on reading other posts it seems there is no cure. I started to feel like this after having shingles but don't know if there is a connection . Doctor keeps giving dermovate to try and elevate the problem until I get the hospital appointment which I have been told could be upto twelve weeks away. Really getting me down and my family really don't u derstand what I am going through don't know where to turn.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have been using Dermovate for six weeks , it is helping but my bottom especially my cheeks are really sore. The doctor gave me an anti fungal cream, I am also using a cream called Calendula, as well, it s a nappy cream and it's so soothing. I am afraid it is trial and error. I hope everything goes okay x

• Posted

At first learning about having LS is hard.  It affects a person not only physically but often even more mentally.  And it is not an illness one soon talks about openly to others.  It is furthermore not a very well known disease either.  People won't understand what you are talking about. 

?I'm very happy with being able to express concern and find good tips and support on this forum. 

?At first you might find dermovate to help you.  But for long term I would suggest you read for instance the discussion on "An Experiment with Borax".  It takes a while before you find what is helping you. 

?I'm helped most with baking soda baths and rinses, later borax baths and rinses.  Added sugar is a sure trigger for me, so I stay away from sweets.  And I try to stay away from stress as much as possible. 

?I hope you find the time to read through some of the discussions. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.