Theres nothing left to do :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi posting for the first time,

I doubt anyone here can help me because ive truly done everything! but I do feel so alone with this.

I have always had ENT issues, in my 20s was tons of sore throats and then the allergies to dust started and blowing my nose, sneezing all day and night, rhinitis.

Then I hit 30, and that was it, I started getting sinus infections but even then they could be treated with antibiotics and I would get a couple a year.

Then 6 years ago, the hell started! sinus infection after sinus after sinus, until they all blurred into one! slowly each antibiotics have been giving up on me! like at the moment there is one that i can take that helps get me up and about but it doesnt get rid of the whole infection, its always 'there' and I even get sick ON antibiotics! so have to constantly change them.

I spent 4K on allergy programme for dust that didnt work, though I dont sneeze as much each day but if im near dust its bad! have special covers for my bed etc. I now believe I also have non allergic rhinitis because even with daily antihistamines, my nose runs CONTINUELY all day, all night Im always clearing my throat.

Finally I decided even though I was scared, to have surgery. I was told by the surgeon, although it wasnt a cure, it would give me a way better quality of life! and that i would feel heaps better and have less infections that would clear up quickly. I found out I was pregnant so had to wait then go back to the bottom of the list after she was born, so it took almost 18mths but finally in March I had it done. Of course I went into surgery on antibiotics too because im never off them, but I was so hopefully. I was in theatre 3 and a half hours! It was a bit rough for a few weeks after but I thought, now my life begins.

3 weeks later I had my first post of sinus infection and i have been on ABs EVERY DAY since! bar maybe 2wks in total, a few days here and there where I have tried to come off them, and bang, straight back down, and my nose is blocked with yellow stuff and i get fever etc, well, im sure you all know.

The fatigue is the worst symptom for me, even with the eye pain, ringing ears and all the other horrible stuff I hate the fatigue because it means I cant run around and play with the kids, Im stuck on the couch, and being a mum is everything to me! so I keep popping the antibiotics so I can keep going for them, and anyway, without them, I get horrific chest infections as the mucus drips to my chest.

I am DEVASTATED beyond belief to be continuing on antibiotics every day! after putting myself through the surgery, it hasnt even worked, not one little bit!! I just cant believe it!

Ive tried sooooooooooo many things! I cant even remember them all

Daily sinus rinses, up to 4 a day if I have to, with salt, plus have tried adding things i found online like, tea tree oil, iodine, baby shampoo, apple cider vinegar, colidal silver

Diets

Sprays

Steroids

Immune therapy shots

Buyteko breathing course

A bio chemist

Accupuncture

Herbalist

Naturopath

Homeopath

Oestopath

Colidial silver

A few weird wacky 'healers'

Supplements - Liquid Vit C, vit D, EPO, Oregano oil, olive leaf, zinc, magnisum, multivitamins, and loads of others!

Im in a very bad position of the ABs not working now, they've given up, and frankly so do I!

This week I handed out yet hundreds more dollars, and ive already spent thousands! to work with an integrative doctor and he has suggested ozone therapy along with other things like, did the surgery get done correctly, among other ideas but I had my first ozone yesterday, I still feel like crap so will pay for a few more, the financial cost has been overwhelming. Everyone I see tells me they can make it better but they dont, I just WANT TO GET BETTER!! He has also said get off dairy, well ive tried that before and gluten, but doing dairy now with more commitment to it than before because, well why not.

If I do a sinus rinse in the morn like always, it doesnt take the post nasal constant drip away, and the pain and pressure.

Im so lost, I have cried, my husband is wonderful at constantly paying for all this and says he just wants me to feel better, but Im just so over it! I literally dont know WHAT to do anymore!

is there anyone out there with any ideas at all!

Thanks for listening

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Not at all sure I can help but I totally sympathise as I have constant issues too of inflammation of the sinuses and fatigue. Mine are caused by auto immune issues and won't go away. They did go for a while when I was given a specific treatment for the auto immune disorder. But have returned since stopping that medication. Sorry I can't suggest a solution. I hope you find one.

• Posted

can you tell me what your auto immune conditions are margaret. I have hashimotos. i wonder if thats causing my sinusitis, -and what was the specific treatment you had for for the AI conditions? Thank you

• Posted

hi Elisabeth. I have Behcet's syndrome and I have had this problem with inflammation for the longest time. You also see it with Sjogren's and I think lupus too.

• Posted

That's really helpful, thank you. I've suspected Sjogren's but have tested negative so far. How were you helped? thank you

• Posted

hi. well I was eventually treated with interferon but that was for very severe problems at the time. I was having inflammation in my brain stem. The treatment brought me remission from all symptoms. I am in remission now but the sinus inflammation has returned perhaps less so than before. I am not sure what else would or could help. So far I haven't found anything. But to be fair I did get some relief from using auto immune therapy drugs like mycophenolate

• Posted

Hi busymama, sorry to hear your story. I do not have a solution for you as I've done almost everything you mentioned too. I just want to let you know that you're not alone. Perhaps the only thing we can do now is to accept it and live with it but at the same time not giving up to new ideas when they come.

All the best to you.

Ming

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.