These "Bites" are driving me crazy!! Help me

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm going to make this as direct and to the point as possible as to I'm about to pull my hair out due to the itching right now. This started a few months ago when I remember telling my husband " something bit ( on my calf) me but never saw the evidence of an insect or spider. It stung at first then turned red and hot and then swole up within 1 hr of feeling the "sting" and the itch is like nothing I've ever experienced in my 40 yrs. I assumed it was a brown recluse spider bite because of the way it looked. Black in the center and hard and got bigger. But after a week or so it started to settle down and then the same exact thing happened except on my arm near my elbow. The sting the bite appearance and everything to a t except location. Then as that one started to heal I received another on my pinky finger but this one hurts n swole up more. That one started to go away but before I could breathe I woke up two days ago and it's on my face, in my scalp, and oh my god it's itching is literally driving me insane!! I have no health insurance and no job so I don't want the er bill n don't know what to do but it's spreading into my eye I believe and even my throat is itching. Can anyone help?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

After reading a comment on this site apparently neem oil for skin problems and neem tablets orally are what was recommended. I don't think it's expensive. I reckon it's worth a try. Read about it on the internet.

• Posted

not a recluse bed bugs?

did you walk in the woods?

can you recall a location?

perhaps a cortisone cream...calamine lotion for itch

• Posted

Hi Christina, I am completely baffled by your symptoms. It doesnt really sound like anything i have ever heard of. Did you check Web MD or google the syptoms? Im sorry. I wish i could give you better advice. Can you see if there is anything coming out of the spot?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.