They can't diagnose me

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and was hoping if anyone can give me any advice or information.

I'm a 27 year old female, fit and healthy with no health problems.

Just before Christmas last year I started getting dull heavy aches on my chest, i found it hard to breathe and couldn't lay down, sit up with out discomfort.

A few weeks passed and it started to get more intense, the pressure felt like someone was sitting on my chest.

I couldn't lay on my sides either as it felt like I was suffocating myself.

then the pain started, it was in my chest, tight, pins and needles, pressure, stabbing pains. it went up my back, up my neck and in my shoulder. i was sweating and was so dizzy, i was terrified.

I went to the hospital and they said i had Costochondritis. I had no idea what this was, so I asked and he said it was to do with inflammation of the cartridge on the ribs.

The pains got worse, and my left arm was just pins and needles I went to my Drs and had a full blood count.

my Dr said i had acid, and carpultunnel from the pins and needles in my arm.

less than a week later I booked an appointment at my Drs again and saw someone else.

my symptoms had gotten worse.

all my chest on my left side had started to swell up and under my left rib cage right at the bottom swells up and is so painful as well as the middle of my chest but at the bottom it also swells up, under my left armpit swells up too.

he told me my symptoms don't fall under no category and sent me away with sleeping tablets.

recently its gotten to the point where I'm in so much pain I can't enjoy life.

I've started getting pains in my legs as well as the other symptoms.

again I go to the drs, get a full blood test.

(also I missed out once going to the hospital I had a scan on my lungs, but the drs can not find the results so he wants to send me for another)

then I got a letter to book an appointment for my results and I did, nothing major.

so I have my results.

I received a letter today saying I need to have another full blood test after getting my results already.

is this something to worry about?

sorry about the big post.

Thank you x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

have you had a d-dimer blood test or chest ct with contrast? I had similar symptoms as you and I was diagnosed with multiple pulmonary emboli last year.

Are you getting palpitations?

• Posted

No they've done neither.

just a full blood count and a scan on my lungs ages ago.

I get palpitations constant, it's pretty scary.

I've also just called my Dr about the "blood test" they want me to go in for.

the lady on the reception asked if I had been given my results from my last one and I said yes, she said i need an appointment as it says borderline about something.

but she said i need to discuss it with the Dr.. so this has made me very confused.

What is pulmonary emboli?

Thank you x

• Posted

I had lots of little blood clots on my lungs. I got it from the contraceptive pill.

My armpit and chest didn't swell up though. I found it hard to take a deep breath in, I got this burning sensation in my lungs as well as pinprick type feelings, I also got a sharp pain in my armpit that went across my chest. I had this really horrible sensation where I got really hot and sweaty and I couldn't breathe properly and I kept getting these really scary palpitations that got worse and worse. I had a sharp stabbing really scary pain in my chest. I also had that thing where I couldn't lie down because it felt like there was something leaning on my chest. I was misdiagnosed so many times with anxiety, hormonal problems, indigestion, inflammation, etc.

Your symptoms sounded a bit similar apart from the swelling, so I just thought I would mention it as a possibility because it is very rare and often missed.

What type of leg pain are you getting? Is it cramp?

• Posted

it's not really a cramp pain, it's very hard to explain.. it's kind of like a ache but more into depth, not a cramp or a pulled muscle .. I don't really know how to explain it I'm sorry.

shall I ask my Drs about symptoms as they've kind of ignored other things

thank you again x

• Posted

I was wondering if you may have had a deep vein thrombosis that is why I asked. Look up the symptoms for DVT and PEs and see if you think that could be a possibility.

You could ask if they have given you a d-dimer blood test because that tests your clotting and it would usually be high for PEs or DVTs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.