They can't find anything, but it's getting worse.

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, my name is Alex, 28 years old, Male. I am 175cm tall and weigh 57kg

In 2014 i began to feel my heart pumping even in rest.(60bpm)

Now in 2020 i have problems even with light physical activities like stairs or walk in the park.

I feel shortness on breath, chest pain, plapitations and fatigue.

On the other hand the doctors can't find any evidence in:

Coronary angiogram(never had high blood pressure or cholesterol)

Electrocardiogram

Echocardiogram(only small mitral valve prolapse)

24H Electrocardiogram(a couple of extrasystoles)

According to the doctors i should be in perfect condition.

But this is not the truth.

Is it possible to have some kind of heart failure?

Any opinion will be helpfull.

Thank you in advance...

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi Alex,

As a previous angina sufferer i can sympathise with how your feeling..

I was constantly told that i was not having these attacks until i actually had a heart attack..

All i can suggest is next time you have an attack of fatigue or breathlessness and chest pain during walking get yourself to a&e where they will perform blood test and ECG..

Best of luck..

And dont get stressed out over this as will make it worse if it is your heart..

Mick

• Posted

Well don't feel too bad. I have the same problem and have had it for years now.

I have had 3 heart caths and numerous echo cardiograms and stress tests. Like you it keeps getting worse. My cardiologist thinks I may have Micro Vascular Disease...that is blockages in the very tiny arteries in your heart. It usually does not show up on the usual tests they do on your heart.

I have had PVC's for many years also and the only think that helps calm them down is Metropolol.

I have even been to the Mayo Clinic here in the US and they couldn't find anything.....so I just live with it.

Don't know if this helps you any or not. If I ever find out what is causing this for certain I will let you know.

• Posted

Are u still having the mentioned system presently and which drug are u using to manage it

Thanks

• Posted

Ok, thank you a lot!

• Posted

You are so young to be having problems like that. I was having those same symptoms and all my tests came back without any signs of heart trouble, too. So I know exactly what you are going through. My diagnosis was Micro vascular Angina which does not show up on angiograms. ( I had 2 of those done)

I was put on Isorsobide and Ranexa and I have improved a lot. It was also discovered that I had a bleeding ulcer that caused me to need 2 iron infusions. After those infusions and my stopping Aleve and baby aspirin, I have been feeling like a new person. Make sure they check your blood, too and keep trying to find an answer. Change doctors if you are not satisfied.

• Posted

Thanks a lot for the info pslane1. Will have to check out Isorsobide, have not heard of it.

• Posted

It's just extended release nitroglycerin.

• Posted

Hi Alex,

the angiogram you mention: was it thru abdomen/wrist directly into your heart+contrast?

I am asking because I had exactly the same symptoms (74 male but very fit/175cm 72kg) - increasing ectopics, constant fatigue, but heart started only going slightly more irregular when jogging etc. ECGs, 24h-Holt etc all normal apart from a few PVCs. But my doc advised to have a stress test, and only at very high speed when I was about to collapse and pulse was over 130 the ECG showed a small but significant 'dip' instead of a straight line - indicating a blood flow problem. Contrast angiogram (thru wrist into my heart) revealed a 70% blockage of major artery, since 'they' were already in there 'they' put in stent.

Now just 4 weeks later feeling like newborn! Energy is back, but have to take blood thinner and Ikorel (caused a bad headache for a few days)....

But if nothing is showing in your angiogram I'd get a second opinion. I would NOT accept 'nothing seems wrong, just go home and take it easy' like another doctor tried to tell me I was just depressed - of course I was depressed and anxious knowing my heart was not OK. Our inner voice knows better!

Best of luck!

• Posted

Yes, it was through my right wrist.

THANK YOU for your support.

But it is possible to have microvascular angina, wich doesn't show up on Coronary angiogram.

• Posted

Were you prescribed a fluoroquinolon antibiotic? such as ciprofloaxin, levaquin, etc. They can cause heart problems, google it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.