they last for just one hour!

Posted , 5 users are following.

The nurse from the helpline phoned me last night for a catch up. She wasn't as good a the first one I spoke to, but she answered a few questions. One thing I asked her, do the pills only last for an hour & that's why you take them with each meal? She said yes that is the case. I had previously posted that on the forum, but some others said, no they build up & you are always covered. I was right & they were wrong I'm afraid, they do only last for the one hour. Worth remembering!

good luck!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

They don't last for just 1 hour with me, I have the effects for a few days after taking them.

xx

• Posted

same here snubbles i too have have effects for few days
  • Posted

[quote:40807b119e=\"Snubbles\"]They don't last for just 1 hour with me, I have the effects for a few days after taking them.

xx[/quote:40807b119e]

Hi There,

I have started them today and was told by my doc 2 hrs!!! and then they stop working, i dont always eat 3 meals a day but i suppose im gonna have to as i cant take them otherwise and then there would be no point,

vick x

• Posted

sometimes i dont have anything happen after i eat,maybe ive not reached the 10g fat rule?majority of the time,within an hour i do go to the loo.also MAP are telling me different things!one nurse was quite rude and treated me as i was thick,as i am new to all of this,and another nurse said something different.one says 10-15g fat per meal, the other says 10-12 try have no more than 30g fat in the whole day. but as its low fat foods you have to eat,im sometimes not reaching the 10-12g fat per day. does this matter??thanks

somewhat confused Heidi!x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.