They say I have Pleurisy

Posted , 13 users are following.

I woke up in early January with sharp chest pains. I'm young, but of course I did not discount heart ailments. Two ER trips and a Doctor later, after every medical test to my poor body, I have been diagnosed with pleurisy.

I have kids, they are great and understanding and have helped me a lot, but it's been almost 14 weeks. I hurt. This came from nothing, I am extraordinarily healthy, I just hurt...

Today I suppose I'm at my wits end. I am terribly healthy, I should not have this. I have been crying all day.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know this was a year ago. I have just been diagnosed today.

How long was your pleurisy. I'm kind of frightened. I was basically healthy.

Thanks for your help, Mark

• Posted

Hi Mark, same here. I was feeling great right up until my first boutique and thought I was having a heart attack. After 2 trips to the ER, this is what they diagnosed me with over a week ago. Now my activity is extremely limited or it aggravates my lungs. I'm on prednisone, but it's not helping. I just don't understand where this came from. 😞

• Posted

I just found this discussion and am very interested in how you are doing. And thank you for starting this discussion! Also, has anyone had continued severe muscle cramping, muscle pain, and fluttering months or years after pleurisy?  I got pleurisy two years ago. Not caused by an infection but inflammation caused by rheumatoid arthritis. Sad thing is I had finally just found a biological that got my joint issues under control.  Then bam!  Pleurisy. ( January 2016) Bedridden for 3 months and on prednisone. Tried going back to work but had relapses for over a year.  Now there is no more thickening of the pleural wall and after having on call prednisone for relapses, I've now gone a while since one (June 2017) There is lung damage and I'm on symbicort and albuteral several times a day. But my breathing isn't bad compared to the incredible pain and cramping  in my diaphragm and the muscles around the lungs. Has anyone recovered from the muscle issue and what did they do? Pulmonary rehab, pool therapy, massage therapy, and yoga seem to have helped but then I relapse with the muscle issue again. So, so tired of dealing with this!

• Posted

Hey sorry to hear you're having to deal with this. I started having pain on last Thursday, and just self diagnosed myself while speaking with an advice nurse, before a trip to see the doctor again. 2 doctor trips to my PCP and nothing but ibuprofen or Tylenol and lidocaine. Plus prednisone and a zpak, of antibiotics. I can't work because pain has been so bad already missed 5 days of work. When I went to urgent care on Saturday, and was given Tylenol with codeine and the Zpak. I seemed to be okay, until the pills were gone. They act like they don't wanna prescribe any narcotic pain killers but that's the only thing that seems to work. Any suggestions for the doctors, to get them to listen. Please I want to go back to work but the pain hurts so bad I don't wanna even move.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.