They've given me a new anti-cholesterol drug and I'm not sure about it.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Having been unable to tolerate any other statins because of joint pain the new cardiologist gave me Ezetimibe/Simvastatin and I started taking it for about one week and I noticed increased lower back pain, specifically on my right side of my lower back,  so I stopped it and am waiting to see if the back pain lessens.  It's confusing because I was simultaneously starting a new exercise which may have given me the back pain.  I'd appreciate hearing from any others who've had experience with Ezetimibe/Simvastatin.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I can refer you she's in Cortland New York smile

• Posted

Unfortunately that is a little too far to travel.
  • Posted

And I should've added that I've just started to feel human this week after being off livalo for 3 weeks...and this time I was only taking 1 mg a day!

• Posted

A few years ago I was put on Simvastatin, which I only took for weeks/months.  I experienced exactly the same right hand side lower back pain as you, and muscles seizing up.  I was referred to the hospital for physiotherapy, exercises etc.  I suspected Simvastatin to be the culprit and stopped taking the tablets.  Three weeks later I was free of all the problems.  I later paid for a DNA health test, which revealed I was likely to re-act badly to Simvatatin, probably in common with a high-percentage of the population.
    • Posted

This is so important for me to hear - it validates my own experience.  Also I liked hearing you assert that probably a high percentage of the population reacts with the same pain which for me was excruciating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.