Thick white vaginal discharge

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I have been diagnosed with LS for less then a year, although I believe its been going on for roughly 6 years. I am going on 29 years old next month(august 19th) and i have had a lot of thick white discharge for about a year now, all of the yeast tests come back negative and i keep getting told its normal. I know my body and its not normal for me, I don't knowaybe its my new normal. I was just wondering if this could be a symptom of LS or if i need to find a different OB/GYN?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Amber,

I am sorry you are dealing with this at such a young age.  As you know, things do get better, and then there are flare ups.  To address your question...the white discharge is called smegma.   It is a symptom of LS.   Some have it, some don't.   Sometimes it is thick and irritates.   Sometimes the Clitoris gets a "plug" of smegma near the opening.   Sometimes that is painful enough to have to be dislodged.  I have both once in awhile.   Using Cortizone 10 ointment, maximum strength morning and night will help.   Keeping the area lubricated with whatever works for you the rest of the day helps too.  You can research smegma and find out the specifics if you want more info.   Hoping this has helped!    Jane

• Posted

Hi amberhdt, my advice is a bit different. 

With LS you can sometimes get a very white discharge,  and it often resembles milk..does that sound like it? 

I have had this only when flaring and it is totally different to the sort of discharge you get with thrush.

Are you flaring? how long have you had this going on?

• Posted

it has been going on everyday for the last 6 years
    • Posted

Hi, so it doesn't sound like the kind of discharge from LS if you have had it for 6 years. I would go find someone that listens..go to a Vulva clinic asap.

• Posted

Hi Amber- My first thought was yeast, but if all tests came back negative, have them test you for Bacterial Vaginosis. I used to get it everytime I had a baby and my PH levels got thrown off.lmk if this helps! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.