Thickened Gallbladder walls only, no stones???

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone here only ever have ''thickened gallbladder walls with no stones???  

Ive been suffereing with alot of digestive issues for a while now/ on and off nausea/ slow digesting/ pulled muscle feelings/aches in right shoulderblade/ niggles/nagging/stitch feeling whee gb is. Upper abdomen feels tender when pressed on even where gb is it feels tender when pressed on.  Plus lots more symptoms.

Ive had all tests done to rule out other conditions and the only thing that came back positive was my ultra sound which showed thickened gb walls only.....i have no stones......but do have shadows inside it, but doctor siad it wasnt stones.

He said that he is willing to take it out but it might not help my symptoms.....im at a total loss here, so confused. Should i get it out and risk it?? Just wondering if anyone else here has ever had thickened walls with no stones and had theirs taken out?? xxx

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Get it OUT ! I had all the test done and showed nothing, but with ALL my symptoms my doctor was smart enough to know the GB was the problem, so when they could actually see it , it was Inflamed ! one month later after the post op pain/healing is over I feel great agan ! I eat anything I ate before with NO problems. Im so glad that painful thing is OUT of me !  good luck, I know the discomfort your dealing with
  • Posted

Hi, Vonniexx, sorry to learn you're having these difficulties.  The thickened walls indicate it's irritated.  If it's so irritated that the walls are thick you could have sludge in it, very, very small stones, like granular mud, that don't show up. Even if you try to take supplements that supposedly heal your gallbladder and dissolve the stones, they don't work for most people.  You have proof that you have a diseased organ--and diseased organs can become cancerious.  That's a risk you don't want to take, I think. Others on this site have had to beg their doctors to remove their gallbladders.  I was one of those, and it was a blessing to me to have it finally removed.  Best of luck and let us know how you do!  
    • Posted

I just dont understand why i havent had an ''acual'' gallbladder attack.........ive just hadd lots of digestive problems/symptoms sad
    • Posted

Hi Vonniexx,

Many people don't have the attacks described in the medical literature. Everyone is different.  That's why some people on this site waited for years to have their diseased gallbladers removed.  The medical literature is just a general description.  For instance, I had no nausea or vomiting, or severe pain.  I did have diarrhea, lots of it.  

• Posted

Wow! You only had Diarrhea! What made the doctors think it was your gallbladder?id you have stones? 
    • Posted

Hi, Vonniexx, I did have stones, but because of their composition, they didn't image very well. I couldn't eat and leave the house.  As a result, I lost over 30 pounds.  My gallbladder was pouring out yellow bile into my small intestine every time I had a morsel of food. But when my stool was tested, they didn't consider the presence of all the bile, so my stool samples were "normal" whatever that means. At the end, I was existing on Gatorade, bread, and small bits of chicken or lean beef. I had an ultrasound that showed some stones (not a great amount) and an endoscopy and colonoscopy that of course wouldn't reveal any problem with my gallbladder.  Because I wasn't vomiting or in a lot of pain, no one seemed to care.  So, I started to tell them I was in severe pain. When they finally did remove my gallbladder, the surgeon told my husband it was brimming with stones.   
  • Posted

i too had no stones and had it taken out,i was so sick,i had reflux, tummy tenderness ,i was just ill no matter what i ate, had anxiety,7 yrs shoulder pain pain pain ill ill ill,i had it out still had reflux and sore throat, found probiotics ,magnesiunm oil spray and chicory ,im alive again no pain living normal ,no ppis,changed my eating and stopped milk products, i tell u what a mess,but there is hope ...i literly had every symptom possible ,all gone! praise the lord because im living normal....best of luck!
  • Posted

When you say tender upper abdomen, is it in the center of the upper abdomen? Because I have this too. 
    • Posted

My tenderness is in the centre of my upper abdomen aswell abit to the right side where my gallbladder is.....its tender when pressed on.
    • Posted

My abdomen is also tender in the central upper location, and also under my right ribcage where the gallbladder is. 

How can the gallbladder make us tender in the upper central abdomen when its located to the right??

• Posted

Hi, Tomjohn, it can make you tender, because the inflammation spreads.  The longer you have anything diseased in your body, the more it affects the organs and tissues that are close to it.  The inflammation spreads outward as it infiltrates the sourrounding area.  Hope this helps!
  • Posted

How were you all when u came around from the anisthesia??? im so scared, i have a phobia about being sick...
    • Posted

Hi, Vonniexx, I woke up, and I wasn't sick.  No vomiting or diarreha.  But, it doesn't matter if you get sick.  They have to take care of you.  Surgery is performed very rapidly in the US, especially keyhole surgery, and I'm pretty sure it's the same in the UK.  They put you under quickly, get in there and get it done, because there's a danger of pneumonia if you lie down for two long.  I was fine, and so happy to get rid of the old gallbladder!  They inject gas, too, to blow up your abdomen, but you can walk that out.  Some will disspiate naturally through your tissues and that may cause some discomfort.  But none of it is similar to how sick you've been up until your surgery.  I suggest that you take heart and keep positive about it.  XXX
  • Posted

I have a long history of my own medical issues but when i had pain in my RUQ just under my ribs i knew something was wrong the ultrasound shows a thickened gallbladder and I'm waiting on a referral to a GI doctor. I'm actually contenplating going to the ER again in the larger city and hoping to see one there. My mom had colon cancer and I'm afraid to even let it go long. My son graduates Sunday May 1 and thats the anniversary of my mom's diagnosis. I'm so scared right now...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.