Thickened uterine lining

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, just came back from having a vaginal u/s which showed my uterine lining is .9cm, and being I just finished a period, it should've been thinner. The doctor said she wants to do a biopsy. After googling (yes, I googled!) I see it can also be due to having no progesterone and estrogen dominant. I know I've been estrogen dominant for a long time. So I'm trying to decide whether I should do the biopsy for peace of mind, or just forget it. I've had so many tests, I just feel worn out. But then I think, what if it is something? Good thing is I've been tested to the moon and back, I would think if it's some late stage cancer it would've showed up somewhere. The tech couldn't even find my left ovary, guess it has shrunk. Gosh, it just seems like there is always something to worry about. 

I know I've seen some of you talking about having the biopsy, can you tell me what happened, what I can expect (painful, down time?), and what your results were???

Thank you! 

XO

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

They couldn't find my ovary either and had to do ultra sound of top of lower tummy after the transvaginal one. My winning was thick to I think same as yours or maybe 8 something anyways I went ahead and did the biopsies I had the crevice one too and the uterus  and pelvic and  paps and blood thank the Good Lord everything was great!  

• Posted

I hope mine will all be ok too. Hate the worrying. 
    • Posted

I am in the same spot you are, Suzanne...I go on June 11. Doc said she wasn't worried, but I am!!! She's doing it because I am still having periods...erractically...and I just turned 59.

I am praying all is well for you too.

• Posted

Hi Katy, my doctor said the same thing, but then she said I shouldn't wait to do it. Ugh 

But don't worry! Right!

My sister-in-law is 58 and she told me she is completely regular, never skipped a period! 

Did you have a vag u/s? 

I'll be praying for you too. I go in on June 4th. 

XO

• Posted

yep..had the vag u/s....

Prayerfully all is well. I have 6 sisters, 3 before me went into their 50s. 2 under me are still going and they are 56 and 54, eldest said she was 57 when she stopped. She's now 76.

so..ya know...we'll see.

• Posted

Dear Suzanne 

You are not alone they coulndnt find my ovary either for 2 years and it took a good technician and a long time but they think I might have PCS. 

I would have the biopsy just to make sure. 

• Posted

Hi, I just had that biopsy done today, though I’m not going to lie that to me it felt like a bad period for 2 minutes, I’m relieved it’s over. Should have test results by Wed. Good luck!
    • Posted

How are you feeling now, 

Did they do a biopsy because of thickened uterus lining?

• Posted

No because I got my period again after 11 mos. I wasn’t going to do it bit after I posted on here I decided better safe than sorry. Feel totally fine, more annoyed thananything because now I have to wait..  
    • Posted

Yes, waiting is the worse part!

Hope all will be ok!

I keep thinking they’ll do this biopsy and then they will want to do other tests, like that hyster thing. I don’t even know what that is!

Let me know what your results are! Will be thinking of you 

• Posted

I’ll let you know. Taking one step at a time. Leaving for vacation on Sunday so we shall see how relaxed I’ll be but it is what it is already. 
    • Posted

If it helps, I know three people who had skipped periods for almost a year and then got one. Including my sister. She took her class to the zoo, in white jeans no less, and got a flooding period after missing for almost a year! And my friend Tammy got hers after 11 months. I don't think it's unusual, you just have to start counting again starting at one month. You'll be good, I know it. 

• Posted

Hi. I also had the same. Had the biopsy, came back clear. A few months later I got another spotty period so I had the hysteroscopy. They looked, did a biopsy and thank goodness all was fine. All these a screenings and the waiting are torture. However catching something early us so important we have no choice. If you don't do it it will constantly be on your mind anyhow. Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi Lana, I still think the doc is being aggressive with wanting to biopsy right away. All I read says that it's normal for the lining to thicken during perimeno, it's because there is no progesterone to sluff it off. I'm going to do progesterone cream for three months and then ultrasound again to see if it's made a difference. The doc wants me to take an oral progestin they use for endometriosis, but I am NOT going to take a synthetic hormone. So the natural cream is going to have to suffice. I hope it works. Will worry about it three months from now if it doesn't. Determined to have a good summer free of worry! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.