Thicker throat secretions

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anybody notice having thicker throat secretions in the back of the throat after eating? I find myself having to swallow harder and more often to get it down. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Me! I’m always clearing my throat as well. My newest reaction is foaming if I need to burp. 
  • Posted

Yes, seems to be characteristic response of LPR aka Silent Reflux. 
  • Posted

Hi Charcey

Yes I am beginning to notice this, any solutions?

Robin

• Posted

It seems to get better when I drink lots of water. Of course, it’s short lived until I eat again! 🤷🏼???

• Posted

Go and see your doctor about this. I am not a doctor but I read that reflux and gerd sufferers particularly if they are not taking meds can have your problem as the body creates more sputum to absorb excess acid. See your doctor. Good luck and keep well and strong.
  • Posted

Yes, nothing I've tried has stopped it. I have no life anymore and can't go anywhere as my mouth floods with foam that's too thick to swallow. I've tried chewing gum, gripe water, anti mucus syrup, anti wind tablets... Nothing. Very depressed, if anyone knows a way to stop this, let me know. I drink up to 9/10 bottles of water a day so it's not dehydration.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.