Thickness of the esophagus

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am 40 years old,I had a barium swallow test it shows that my stomach is inflamed and my oesophagus is thickened. I am hoping this is not the Cancer, I do fine I have a lack of energy  and sometimes on the hard breath,don’t know if problems are from GERD or if this is Cancer if it is Cancer is it curable????

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Bruce, sorry to hear that, young! I know a man who had oesophagus cancer, artificial oesophagus fitted and cancer free! So long as it has not traveled. At least their testing you for things, 3 years of suffering and no further or progress made with me. 
  • Posted

Yeah and he ain’t saying I got it just saying stomach is inflamed and esophagus is thickened but acid reflux can’t do the same thing I guess ,it a scary thing tho I go in on Monday so there not screwing around so that’s good who knows I may just need it stretched I’ll keep the site posted what I dined out on Monday 
  • Posted

So Fredrick you have the same thing going on??? Is it acid reflux or something else you think???
    • Posted

Bruce, I've got cancer, 2 years ago, of the eye, all cancer removed, and reconstruction done, at the time and now I don't give a monkeys! So for me its possible its traveling? But?????  I'm a sports man, so when I'm on the treadmill 10km out in the mountains, and my breathing is good, heart beat is low! I'm fine, total contradicting of my symptoms in bed, at night, if you want to talk one to one, let me know. I'll give you my contact number, I'm honest and you can trust me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.