Thigh ache

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 11 weeks post op and doing really well. Just wanted to ask you  out there about my concern

my operated leg doesn't hurt as such, it aches, like toothache in the thigh.  If I press on it it feels bruised. I had an non-cemented hip and I personally think it is the bone growing round the pin. I laugh because my husband says I have growing pains!  And I suppose I do. My scar area is similar, doesn't hurt but it's lovely to massage the bio oil in, sort of pleasurable pain. Anyway!!  Do any of you suffer similar?  

Haven't  been following much lately so hope you all doing ok. 

Hope you are all comfortable. 

Carol. 😄 Xx

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol my District Nurse said not to put any oil on the scar, just leave it alone, in the early days, I say just keep up wit the pain killers, for now, see how it goes and keep in touch, I have been through it twice now,,,Ian +++
  • Posted

Hi, I was told this can take up to a year to fully knit together, it certainly did in my case, I know what you mean it's not pain, it's an ache, you will get there xx
  • Posted

To me it is not really an ache but something I can only describe as  an area, around the scar and deep in the muscles at the operated site, that is a bit sore at times. Yes I can believe it is the bone growing through the uncemented implant. I like to think it is helping the implant to become really part of me.
  • Posted

Mine was cemented but I too have all sorts of aches in that area. Sometimes it's just like someone tightened a screw and I go ouch. I like the growing pains thought. Healing pains I like to call them. Like Ian consultant told me to put nothing on scar that nature is the best healer but I'm now nearly 10 weeks on so I'm going to treat myself to some bio oil. Anyway the smell of it reminds me of one very pleasurable sun holiday , so that will be uplifting.
  • Posted

Hi,  I am four months down the line and as only 44 had uncemented hip.  I still suffer with pain both inside and on scar area.  The pain feels still like bruising and is uncomfortable to touch or when sat still.  My scar is very tender still and I put that down to damaged nerves.  I assume this will pass in time.  I still get stiff when sat and takes me a while to get moving.  I can walk a long distance now and have now started riding my horse again, with discomfort when I get on but then I am fine.  It is an improvement from before my op!!!  Hopefully onwards and upwards.  Got 2 weeks physio lined up next week so hoping they will give me some idea on how I should progress.

Helen

• Posted

Hi Carol,

I have what I can only class as a toothache like ache. It can be all down the operated leg at times and I struggle to find a comfy place for it at times, even to the point where I have to stand, walk around a little bit then go sit down again, hopefully in a better position.

I like to think of it as growing/healing pain too as everything is healing and knitting together again so I try to think of it as a positive sort of pain with a good outcome.

I will be using my bio oil, once the dressing is off and I'm allowed to shower again. I will be very gentle with it at first but then maybe a bit more rigorous once I am a few more weeks down the line.

Take care.

Ali xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.