Thigh Pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

My dad is 80 yrs old and generally quite well. He has started suffering with a lot of thigh pain the last 6 months and is really slowing him down. After he has been sitting a while he struggles to get up. Im worried that his legs will become weak from the lack of use and before you know it he will be wheelchair bound.

Has anyone come across this before????

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

lack of use can cause atophy of muscles. Why is he wheelchair bound? 
  • Posted

I don't understand why my comments were deleted. But my dad was experiencing the same symptoms, eventually his doctor gave him anti inflammatory medicine as he was told it was arthritis, and is now better. I hope your dad is better now.

• Posted

What kind of arthritis it was .... osteo, rheumatoid or infectious? 
    • Posted

Old age arthritis. The kind that's only bothersome once, he never had it before, not infectious, it came just as fast as it went.

• Posted

I don't think it's good idea to keep him bound at the wheel chair all the time. It will be good if he moves himself from time to time. This will him for getting remeday and okey asap.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.