Thigh pain one year after posterior hip replacement. Barely walking.

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hey folks, One year out from posterior hip replacement. Lot s of "Challenges" still unable to do stairs and recently the outer thigh in the operated side has developed a thickening of the skin almost a bump. I can barely walk any distance at all and rely on pain medications like advil or tylenol which really are not helping much. I see the surgeon for my one year post op next week but my other visits have not been helpful either in treatment or information. Any suggestions how to resolve this? I am not looking to be an athlete or runner. I was just want to be able to do some walking without pain. My expectations for help or resolution from the orthopedist are now low so I know I am going to have to find my own solution as they just keep saying it takes time. Have done plenty of PT, chiropractic and massage. I have also developed burning red feet after the surgery which combined with hip pain is making me less optimistic about the future on my feet.I keep reading about the femoral stem and distribution of the stress points on the thigh. Can anyone enlighten me?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hiya.

I had my THR 2 1/2 years ago and still get pain around the incision and on top of front of the thigh. Feels like inflammation. I also get burning sensation around incision and surgeon thinks it is scar tissue. Had loads of physio and massage but nothing helped. The scans didn't show up anything either. Surgeon thinks another op may help but I'm not going to risk it in case it makes it worse. I think there are a lot of people like us where there is no clear indication of what exactly needs to be done to help matters.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.