Thin Stools, Blood, Abdominal Cramps

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Everyone. This post is more for those who are concerned (read: freaking out) about bowel cancer. I am one of them. I have hypochondria to the nth degree. Here is my story. For the past year I have been having spots of blood on the TP and thin flat stools. About 2 months ago, I started having really bad abdominal pain and cramps. The stools were getting worse. Very thin and small. About 3 weeks ago I passed a large amount of blood. I started freaking out. I went to the clinic and they said colitis, diverticulitis, or cancer. They recommended me for a colonoscopy. Of course - I did what all of you probably do - google. I was convinced I had cancer. I'm 36 and they found a polyp when I was 31 - so totally convinced cancer. i had my colonoscopy today... they found nothing. Not even a polyp. I'm sure I have IBS and many of my symptoms can be contributed to diet. My point of this post is to help relieve some of your concerns. I'm not saying it impossible you have colorectal cancer, but it is very unlikely. According to google, I had all the symptoms and I was doomed for sure. I know it's easier said than done, trust me as a hypochondriac I know, but try to relax. Google is the worst thing you can do. I promise. Stay positive, get your colonoscopy, and eat right. I hope this helps someone 😃

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

Well said, Josh. This will assuredly help people.

• Edited

hey Josh so glad to hear the good news. i bet now you start to relax your bowel issues will ease. you are right googling symptoms is the absolute worse thing you can do

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.