• Posted

YES !! What is it ? 
    • Posted

Hi Stuart 

I dont know have you had it for long are you on PPIS

i have tried everyting scraping and brushing with salt 

nothing works 

• Posted

Yes I have and get burning throat Gullet and tingling tongue and stinking Thiago and gullit that's what I'm flinch thought now waiting for appointment to see gastrolagest at moment my doctor disentangle like the amount of waight I've lost but it's because I can't eat  much 

• Posted

Stinging throat that should say 
    • Posted

Hi Gillian 

are you on PPIS at the moment 

i am waiting on appointment for endoscopy

a bit selfish but i am glad i am not alone 

• Posted

Yes I'm on PPI medication I'm waiting to be seen as well don't feel selfish it's good to know your not alone 

• Posted

Hi Gillian 

Are you experiencing  A WHITE COATING ON YOUR TONGUE

• Posted

Yes I do get this have done since I've had this dreadful illness 

• Posted

Being selfish again but so relieved to hear someone else has it too 
  • Posted

I was on Rabeprazole for 2 years but told to stop and move to only Gaviscon Advance. 
  • Posted

History of coated tongue :

No white tongue until June 2015 after a cold, went to docs thinking it was oral thrush, did a test and was not oral thrush however this then lead to an endoscopy which showed esophagusitus and reflux. Was put on numerous different PPI, but neither cured the white tongue. Came off PPI in December 2017 and moved to Gaviscon Advance, white tongue continued. In 2 and a half years the only time I have managed to cure the white tongue was when I started drinking 2 glasses of red wine every night for a week. This cured it ! However stopping the red wine drinking made it return within a few days. How weird !

• Posted

Hi Stuart ,

I have been on Omeprazole since December ,

I have coated tongue now about 3 weeks ,

So i can only assume its a side effect of the PPI

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.