Things are going from bad to worse

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm still waiting for a gynaecologist appointment to see if I have Atrophy or LS and now I've just seen my doctor as I'm more swollen and burning than ever and she said I've got an infection in my clitoris, how I don't know as I'm 75 and living alone so it's definitely not from sex of any kind. I looked when I got home and it looks like I'm growing a penis!   It's so sore I don't know what to do with myself she gave me antibiotics and Tramadol pain killers.  I've had this awful bloody condition for 4 months now and  it's all I can think about night and day. I'm so fed up but it helps a little to be able to share experiences on here.  

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm not sure what Norco is or if it's in the uk. 

• Posted

Hi marion,

Have you changed any of your soaps recently. Your shower soaps or laundry soap? Just a suggestion that it could be an allergic reaction to using a different detergent etc. Some have more perfumes and things in them that are harsh to a womans sensitive areaLotions? Powders? Anything new you might be using? Just a thought. New medications?

• Posted

Hi Marion

In some ways your are lucky you got to 75 before having any problems.  I am 61 and have had it for 2 long long years now.  Don't mean to sound heartless.  Over the last 4 months I have had a vaginal infection then cystitis then another cystitis bought two weeks ago which has triggered dreadful VA.  Only option seems to be Vagifem and to be fair it worked well enough for a while.

I cannot keep having antibiotics so have booked for the mona lisa treatment in August.  

If you are not already doing so get some coconut oil melt some into a clean and sterile ice cube tray and keep in your fridge its the only thing that seems to help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.