Things down there just don't feel the same

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm new here. I am 44 years old. I have three children ages 23, 18, and 16 and I had a hysterectomy for endometriosis with one ovary removed 9 years ago. I have depression and anxiety. I've gotten to where I don't want to leave the house. I have hot flashes and night sweats. I freeze my poor husband to death because I have the air conditioner turned down so low. My doctor says my hormones are normal. I've been using Evening Primrose oil and Black Cohosh. I dread getting out of bed in the mornings. I am hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I have no sex drive and thankfully my husband is understanding but I feel guilty. I mean my heart is in it I love him but my body and mind can't get into it. Has anyone tried Replens for a dry vagina?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tracy I would suggest you try Vitamin E suppositories. The replens doesn't work that great. Also, try taking vitamin C, or a multivitamin they also help bring back some of that vitality. Black cohosh didn't work for me, but try chia seeds or flax seeds for the night sweats. There's also Macca and sage. Chia seeds work really well, and so does sage. Since I was trying all sorts of herbs and foods, my hot flashes did calm down. What worked the best? Looking in hindsight probably the chia seed drinks I was buying. But it gets expensive. Well, I hope this helps you a little.

• Posted

Hi Tracy I also had the problem of severe vaginal dryness and have started using Replens 3x a week I also use Organic Virgin Coconut Oil as a moisturizer down there and find it works very well ...I was in a ton of pain with burning from the dryness and at first I used the oil from vit e capules as a moisturizer and it did heal the area now I maintain with the Replens and Coconut Oil. Hope you get some relief soon
  • Posted

Hi Tracy I also had the problem of severe vaginal dryness and have started using Replens 3x a week I also use Organic Virgin Coconut Oil as a moisturizer down there and find it works very well ...I was in a ton of pain with burning from the dryness and at first I used the oil from vit e capules as a moisturizer and it did heal the area now I maintain with the Replens and Coconut Oil. Hope you get some relief soon
  • Posted

Tracy,  I guess my first thought is what exactly does your doctor mean when he says your hormones are normal?  Vaginal dryness usually indicates low estradiol levels.  With one ovary, and your hysterectomy, it certainly could be that you are into peri and nearly menopause.  

It sounds like you are very uncomfortable on many fronts.  Possibly a different doctor might consider giving you something that might help.  Vaginal dryness isn't a cake walk, and the symtoms can get worse as time goes on.  44, with three active children,  is pretty young to be this having so many things deal with.

• Posted

Hello Gailannie, My doctor tested my follicle stimulating hormone and my estrogen levels and he said they did not indicate menopause.
    • Posted

Ok Tracie, so that is indicating a perimeno status.  The day of your cycle when the testing is done can give you alot of information.  Generally it is best to test FSH and estradiol on day two of your cycle.  Did he also test for your progesterone level in the second half of your cycle?  

If I were you, I'd try to keep a close eye on the vaginal atrophy and dryness.  This problem can get much worse and it is no fun.  Painful sex is no fun and can really cause problems with your marriage.  

Good luck, wish I could offer something more.       

• Posted

Its a journey thats for sure. Im two years post menapause. Change my wh0le body. Immune system is different everything. You probably need to check your hormone levels and see what going on with your thyroid as well. It is very messed up. 

Theres an anxiety forum on here you might like. Comforting anyway. For the anxiety and depression part.

in terms of the lack if sex drive. Good for the men they dont go thru all this. Amazing we have to worry about that..we do but im saying its not fair. Anyway they do sell stuff in the pharmacy to help with dryness

• Posted

Hi Tracy. As far as the lack of desire for sex, I usually just do it anyway even when my mood is low. I nearly always say yes, as long as I get an hour of two warning to allow me to change mental gears out of every mode into just focusing on our close bond for a little while.

I've found that regular sex keeps us feeling girfriendy-boyfriendy with each other, which I hugely enjoy and feel like makes him seem more bonded and attentive to me as well. I also really enjoy the intimate closeless and special attention even when my sex mood is low. (and then my own mood also often picks up during the process anyway).

Now,  I woudn't NEVER suggest anyone have sex if it really icks them out, is painful, or makes them resentful, mind. But in my case, it doesn't. I  stil enloy the intimacy and closeness  and find i brings rewards in lovely, unique feeling between us that goes way beyond the bedroom.

So, fwiw, just another point of view which may or may not apply to your situation. My husband has told me sexual acceptance from me is huge validation from me that he doesn't feel any other way. If needed, I just use lubricant.

Best wishes to you, Tracy. 

• Posted

Thank you all ladies. Your replies have helped me not feel so alone in this. I'm very appreciative for your comments!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.