Things haven't been right for years.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Few years back I noticed things happening. Sometimes coolectably othertimes alone. First was the waking up with black circle in right eyes. Lasted either few hours to all day. Then on standing I'd go really weird. Tingling from toe to head eyes on slow reaction shaking inside an jerking feeling like going to collapse. Then noticed changes in hearing An memory. Next I started with jerking movements hands An feet. Then legs An my head started. Felt like millions tiny creatures crawling all over my skin. I started with hands An feet burning up An then I'd itch them so badly. Then this moved all over my body. My eyes felt like I was straining them An reading hurt. I had blurry vision An saw stars frequently An words got so blurry. The last thing I've noticed is my toilet habits. I started to wet myself as couldn't get to loo ontime An get up anything between 8/10 times during night. Frequently needing to wee yet just dribbled then loads the next time. There's other little things aswell but can't remember them all. Question is I don't know how to approach my GP with all these symptoms. I'm going through the change An one friend said could me menopausal another suggest ms. I'm at a loss right now. Please can somebody help me out here as to what they think? Thanks for reading guys.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Just write them down or print what you've just written. Your Dr should refer you to a neurologist and in turn he/she should refer you for an MRI. Your symptoms are nothing like menopause. I'm not saying it's ms but it sounds more neurological. I have a problem with Dr's it's virtually a phobia but I go when things get too much, sounds like you've got things too much too. Big hugs, it's scary I know and maybe that's why you're putting it off. Take a good friend, not the menopause one 😋 hand your piece of paper/print over to the Dr and ask for a referral. The Dr is there to help you. Good luck and don't think ms is a death sentence it's nothing like. You can live a long life . My mum had Ms it didn't kill her at 80 ....two years come October a fall and a broken hip lead to an operation she didn't wake from did ?💛

• Posted

Thankyou so much for the reply. I'm so sorry about your mum battling for so long then not waking after an op must of been a real hellish blow. I was born with my spine not formed properly had major surgery at 21 which fell apart s year later leaving me in chronic pain. I also suffer chronic degenerative arthritis aswell as many other ailments so maybe it could well be all neurological I didn't even think of that to be honest. We have to ring our GP with brief description of our ailments an I don't know where to start. I've had a weekend of everytime I stand up I go really strange. Pins An needles toe to head my eyes go slow reaction An my hands shake like I'm having loads of electric shocks. I feel drained as if could black out An have to hold onto something to stop me falling. It's horrible. I'm so pleased you said this as I feel different about now approaching my GP. I think lol. Thankyou again.

• Posted

I do know the pins and needles electric shock, I have spinal canal narrowing (stenosis) facet joint disease and cervical spondylosis. It's very possible that you've developed spurs it have the same as me. I'm so sorry you too have had a lifelong spine thing. When you call for an appointment just say it's something you think is serious, maybe the receptionist won't question you too much, but if she dies tell her your having spine problems affecting your mobility. Please come back on this thread and let us know how you get on. Try not to panic, the spine can give some scary symptoms but they can do so much now in medicine and surgery. Big hugs 💜🌹

• Posted

Thankyou so much. Yes I will ring Tuesday morning An speak with my GP. I just didn't want her thinking wow how many symptoms??!! Lol. Il write everything down so nothing's left out and il definetly let you know how it does. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.