THINGS REALLY WORKED OUT FOR ME!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've posted here before but I'd like to update and share my good fortune.  On April 7 I had the green light laser procedure for BPH.

Even though the operation was a success I was still not peeing anywhere near enough. It was determined that the nerves controlling bladder muscles were not doing their thing due to a spinal priblem from 2002.

The only solution was for me to cath 4X per day.  I used fr14 Speeycath.  Even so, my urologist decided to try a drug that reactivates weak bladder muscles.  It is bethanechol 25 mg 3X per day.

Does it work?  DOES IT EVER!  I have not needed a cath in over 4 weeks!  I'm peeing with a stream that would make a 17 year old proud! (I'm 77)  No doubt I'll be on them from now on but so what?  There are all manner of people on all manner of meds for the rest of their days.  (Example: Diabetics for insulin, heart patients on meds for  life, etc)

IT SURE AS HELL BEATS CATHING 4X PER DAY!

I'm so glad he tried this med.

Tom

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Im glad you are doing so well.Maybe if the doctor did more tests you may not have needed the Green Light  Take care.  You hear of a lot of doctor doing procedures that are not needed  Take it easy  Ken
  • Posted

Has you BP been OK since starting it as one of the side effects can be a drop in it?
  • Posted

Wow Tom - great news - very happy for you and thanks for the heads up on the medication- yes you are correct us ole folks are living longer and better through science( pharmacology)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.