Things to help you smile again

Posted , 5 users are following.

Yesterday I was feeling a little low, so I decided to go for a little walk, and I’m very glad I did.

As I was walking past a school playground I happened to see some young children play Hopscotch. They were laughing and giggling and having a great time, it made me smile too.

So I thought I’d give and go…and before I knew it I was hop-scotching down the road myself with a smile on my face for the first time in a while.

You know we walk around the world most of the time with our heads down, so involved in our own thoughts that we’re practically in a trance. 

So now I’m hopscotching around the house as I go, from the sink to fridge for some milk and back again. Try it for yourself – it’s almost impossible not to smile when you’re hopping around. And don’t do it half-hearted…you have to give it your all.

Love to all, Tony

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If it works for you, then great, and you should keep on doing it, but when you're really depressed, you just couldn't do it, you would feel stupid. When I'm feeling low,I keep myself locked away. It's not good, but I can't bear the thought of trying to converse with people when I am down, it's excruciating.

• Posted

does locking yourself up get rid of your depression???? i bet it dosent, i find hiding from it only makes matters worse in the long run,you need to just do things what ever that may be as when you do you eventualy start feeling a little better which will turn to minutes better then hours better then even a few day,u never know,give it a try
    • Posted

You're right mate, but I have to hide away 'till my anxiety gets to a bearable level and then I start to do things bit by bit.

• Posted

children inspire us to move our bodies and get exercise. bravo to you for hopscotching outside and indoors! but if you're clumsy like me, watch out for sprained ankles. and don't fall over a coffee table in the living room. thank you for a positive note and inspiration!

fondly, laura

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.