Think before you do anything to get rid of Bladder Stones

Posted , 4 users are following.

My friend's

Life is to short to rush into any procedure. There are many doctors out there that will not tell you the whole true because they are trying to get you do have surgery

Bladder Stones can be a problem. There is a lot you can do to get rid of the stones. Diet and medications is the first you should try also drink a lot of fluid. This may get rid of the bladder stones on there own.

If this does not work then the doctor will want to do surgery to get rid of the stones. With this they also want to do a Turp because they say if you have BPH you should have the prostate taking care off to stop the stones from coming back because that is the problem.

This is true but not necessary. All this will do is cause you more problems that you don't need. You do not have to have a Turp. The doctor can just remove the stones. They like doing the Turp because it is much easier to remove the stones. I was told this by my Urologistj

If the prostate is the problem. You may get stones again but it will take 10 to 15 years for them to form. Why trade one problem for another

This is just my opinion

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ken,

That,s why I am looking for a doctor who removes my bladder stone with a laparoscope and not through the urethra where he will see and may touch my prostate . It is done in a laparoscopic center and very minimal procedure. Maybe that,s why they don,t offer it.

Ben

• Posted

They are out there. They can make a small cut and they can pull it out. Just keep looking. You do not have to have anything removed that you do not want.

Read before you sign anything. Do not give total control to the doctor.

Good LuckKen

• Posted

Kenneth is 100% right. Be in charge of your future. Seek out all options and don't submit to what the Dr recommends. After all his interet and yours MAY be alingned, but not alway$

• Posted

Hey Barney

Yes I believe this. This is your body and you are the one that will have to deal with the outcome of any surgery not the doctor. They just move on to the next.

You have yo take control of you....Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.