Think I accidentally doubled my Meds !

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 95% sure I took two separate lots of my Meds within 10mins of each other. I know right ??!!! That means I may have had 4 × Co Codamol (30/500), 4 Ibuprofen & 2 Gabapentin. I'm only concerned about the Co Cod as contains Paracetamol. Rang 2 separate pharmacies for advice. Both said to go to A&E. Its too far & quite frankly I can't be bothered as not 100% I took them. IF I did, what shld I look out for. I am so tired but generally am anyway. Otherwise, feel ok. Any advice welcome. Thanx 🙂

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don’t think taking 2g of paracetamol would affect you. Might consider not taking the next dose of your cocodamol if you could manage that so that you are not taking over the 4g in 24 hours. But other than that I wouldn’t worry too much about it. 
    • Posted

I didn't think it would cause any probs personally but the way the 2 pharmacists I spoke to carried on, you'd think I'd taken 10 as opposed to 4 ! I understand you can OD even one above the stated dose but its v.rare. I am that hardened to my meds so I risked it & as you can tell I am alive & kicking !! Thanx for replying Lee. By the way, I did skip the next dose that was due - just in case. 🙂

• Posted

I realised after I sent you the message that you had posted it over a week ago...so I apologise about that! Need to learn to read when they are sent.

But I am glad your fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.