Think I have done too much today.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had my Gallbladder removed laparoscopically on 14th July, so just over two weeks ago. Recovery has been going along pretty well. So after church this morning( some standing, mainly sitting), the family wanted to go out and I had been getting a bit bored , so I went out in the car with my family ( I didn't drive) into Birmingham for about an hour and went shopping with my daughter. My tummy got so hard and bloated I look about six or seven mints pregnant. My whole tummy feels hard and sore, and around my incisions is quite sore. Early bed for me tonight, and resting up tomorrow. Guess I was expecting too much too quickly.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I am only 2 days post op but I feel fantastic other than tender round the incision sites. Just take it easy I've had a walk around the local park which did wipe me out so napped after just take it easy you will get there.

• Posted

Wow, sounds like you are doing great! I was like you. I felt so much better than I did pre op straightaway, other than being sore. I was very tired and found it hard to concentrate on much. Binge watched four seasons of Call The Midwife in a week and a half!! Just feel a bit disheartened to be so hugely bloated, as this was one of the worst symptoms I had before the operation. I am sure it will settle. Hope your recovery continues to go well x
  • Posted

I too felt fantastic day 2 after op.. had mine Monday. But stupidly neglected my pain meds and by day 3 felt dreadful. It's day 7 tomorrow and I'm now taking less pains meds. The wounds are less sore and I'm able to take the plasters off and have a shower tomorrow! Woohoo..

I still have twinges in different places at different times and tonight have a few 'stabbing pains'..

As well as my back aching because I'm not moving around so much. I've been following weight watchers for 18 months and have weigh in tomorrow which I'm going to go to, although don't hold out much hope.. my husband and teenager have been cooking (warming things up 😂😂wink

• Posted

Just remember your body has to get used to bile dripping straight into the intestines so that could be your body's way of coping. Have you tried culprovine used to treat ibs? The peppermint helps get rid of excess gases that's what they gave me for any gas pain which I fortunately did really have any. Keep going for little walks. I have taken pain meds regularly and eaten food I haven't been able t eat in months. My plan is to eat a bit better when healed though won't hurt to lose some !! But yeah lots of water pain meds moving around and try colpermin to see if that helps. Apparently it's a useful drug people don't like using due to it being associated with ibs !!

• Posted

I had open surgery but five months on, if I overdo it, I still get that soreness and full feeling and I still get very tired.
  • Posted

Hi Lynne, even after 2 weeks please take care, it'll take alot longer for your body to heal internally so don't overdo it. I was meant to go back to work at 2 weeks and really couldn't manage it so it was 3 weeks before I went back but I still wasn't feeling great. Someone I know said hers was 3 months before she really felt back to normal but everyone is different on their recovery times.

Please take care, and continue to rest and look after yourself.

Keep me updated with how you're getting on. x

• Posted

Thanks Katherine. I think it's a bit difficult because you expect you are going to be back to normal quickly. There was no information given when I was discharged, and I think family expect you to be well too. I can do the meals now, and the washing up and laundry. I am lucky that I don't work, so I don't have to hurry to get back to work. I am so glad I had the operation, after years of pain and discomfort, so I really should be more patient about recovery. Hope you continue to do well. X

• Posted

Hi Lynne, I wasn't given any information either expect emergency nos of the gastro dept if I needed it. Just take it easy and don't push yourself too hard, your body will give you a twing if you're overdoing it! Mine did. Unfortunately we expect to be back to normal really quickly as when its keyhole and out the same day you think it'll be easy.

Rest up, sleep if you feel like it and just do a little more when you feel like it, be careful not to lift anything too heavy though for quite sometime as it puts alot of pressure on your abdo.

Keep me updated with how you get on. x

• Posted

I have done that a few times 😟😟 your body tells you to rest. I had mine 8th June and want to start gardening but do not want to move awkwardly as the organs are still finding their new places to reside ha ha. The best thing is rest. Take care.

• Posted

Hiya, I am nearly 3 weeks into my recovery and I'm still very bloated, I get pains and cramps when I eat, but overall not too bad. Still can't bend or reach much although I am managing short walks with my dog. Take it easy!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.