Think I have IBS

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've not been diagnosed but pretty sure I've got IBS...symptoms started 5 days ago and I've previously had similar episodes. It starts as back discomfort and feels sore and inflamed inside, discomfort spreads out towards my hips too, I've also got acid reflux, mucus in stools and bloating. It seems to have started since I had a chilli con carne, which was very mild so I topped with jarred jalapeños. Could it be the kidney beans or chilli causing flare up?

How long do people's flares ups last?

Anyone else get lots of back discomfort?

Also I have discharge which I think is related somehow, anyone else get this?

And finally Any tips on easing my symptoms?

Thanks for reading

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I posted a reply to you but the Mods here are vetting it.. Anyway, I have the same symptoms as you and it sounds like the chillies probably caused a flare up. You have to be so careful with spicy foods. Flare ups can last weeks/months, depends. I also get very tender and bloated. There are medications you can take to ease the synptoms. Your GP or chemist will help with that. A howater bottle will help ease the pain too. I keep a diary now. what I suggest you do is eat a bland diet for a few days until your discomfort dies down and then introduce different food groups slowly one by one to see which ones trigger an attack. 
  • Posted

Go to the chemist and ask what they recommend for an upset tummy, there are some good mixtures that will calm the irritation of tummy and bowel.

If it fails to get better talk to your GP, however it may be calme quicker by seeing your chemist

BOB

• Posted

My IBS flare ups can last days, weeks or months. I have stomach pain that moves about. I have had back pain, nausea, constipation and loose stools.  I have no food intolerance although food triggers are common. Avoid spicy foods and try antacids or milk for the heartburn.  See your doctor for an official diagnosis.  Do you have bowel habit change?  This is another telltale sign of IBS
  • Posted

colpermin is very good to calm down ibs can be quite expensive but sometimes pharmacist will give you a cheaper type which are just as good hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.