Think I'm perimenopausal

Posted , 10 users are following.

past few weeks have been a nightmare bleeding on and off. Anxiety through the roof and now no sleep. Been to the doc but he's not convinced. Have hot flushes and low mood. Trawling through pages of recommended herbal remedies but don't know what one to try . Any help would be appreciated .

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Ilona,

So sorry you are suffering. Are you taking anything now?  Did the doctor recommend any tests?

• Posted

Hi Ilona

Im so sorry you going through this. Have you seen your dr yet? It might be a good idea to have some blood work done if you haven't already!

If you indeed going through peri you are at the right placesmile we all suffering with yousmile but since I found this site I feel so much better knowing I'm not alone!

Hugs

• Posted

Had bloods done but doc sais changes were minimal. On reading the symptoms it's so whats happening to me. Just dont think the docs interested both my mum and gran hit menopause in their early forties am 44 !

• Posted

That's what my dr had said to me, and that's because you still getting your period. I was your age when I start getting my first symptoms and after 6 years still on...Be good to yourself try not to stress and maintain healthy diet. For me vitamin D helped me alot!!

• Posted

Thanks will be gwtting some vitamins kow i have an idea thanks to this thread ❤
  • Posted

Hi. I use super strength sage, stopped the night sweats within two week. Vit D3 for low mood. Passionflower for mild stress and anxiety, also aids sleep. I take other stuff too but that's a good place to start. Hope you find something to help soon.

• Posted

Aww... cry Sorry you are not feeling and sleeping well. I have been perimenopausal for years and insomnia was the first symptom. Unfortunately, I have yet to find something that helps me sleep naturally. I have tried Calm (you can get it at a health food store) or Magnesium or Melotonin. I tried boiling green leaf lettuce to make a tea ( I found it helped sometimes). Maybe it will help you. Just started missing periods at age 51 and still going through stage of having periods on and off. What type of Doctor did you see? From what I have read in this forum, it seems many doctors are unfamiliar with the various stages of menopause and discredit our symptoms. I will be seeing a new Gyno next week and hopefully she will be educated and helpful. I would find another doctor. Have you had blood work done? I have read about saliva testing. I am going to look into that. Maybe you should too. Hope you feel better and get some answers 

• Posted

I'm in peri meno and blood tests must be done on 3rd to 5th day of period for a accurate reading...that's what my lady gynae said. ..... she gave me evening primrose oil capsules which have vit B, vit E, zink and magnesium in them....I can't put name on here it blocks me....and also calcium with K2, vitD tablet.....It seems to help.... otherwise I just take 1 day at a time and remind myself everything is hormones fluctuations causing chaos in my body..... nothing else.... Anxiety can be hectic just comes out of nowhere.....strong

• Posted

Thanks i will be getting the abive to swe if it helps any. Honestly thought i was going mad till someone showed me all the symptoms then it became clear what was going on with my body x
    • Posted

Michelle where would i get the tabs your talking about ? Amazon ?
    • Posted

Hi, thank you for your feedback. My GP said that it doesn't matter when you do blood test. 😕 I'm going to sort everything out. Hoping to be referred to Gynaecological.

Blessings to all ladies.

• Posted

Sympathise with you. Having been through peri for a few years now and reading lots of entries on this forum, I think you just have to try lots of things to find what suits you as an individual.  We're all different. So vitamins, minerals, essential oils, Bach remedies, yoga, meditation, different foods - we all find our own unique combination. Remember though, you're not alone - we're all going through similar experiences.  Oh, and trade your doctor in for a new one if he's not in tune with you. Some are clueless. xxx

• Posted

Will be seeing a different doctor for sure...just ordered some vutamins and supplements tonight so will see what works for me fingers crossed....so glad i joined this forum....you have all been so helpful ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.