Think I may have a Pancreas Issue

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

I’m male, 25, generally in good health. All my life I’ve never been one to put weight on easily. I tend to always weigh around 66/67kg. Past blood tests have always come back completely fine.

Anyway, since March, I’ve been suffering from IBS like issues. It started off with a takeway meal. Bowel movements on the whole are not too bad. I empty my bowels usually once per day around the same time. Sometimes stools are well formed and sink, sometimes float and semi-loose. Colour is ranges from brown to light brown bit pale at times. Some days I have gas and associated pain but nothing too bad at all.

Few weeks ago, I had a blood test. Coeliac was negative but few of my liver enzymes were raised (just under twice the upper limit). Doc didn’t seem too concerned as I had some sort of flu/infection while having bloods taken. But he did request a repeat test in a few weeks time.

I became quite worried though, lost some of my appetite although in recent days it has picked up. I’ve lost weight, currently at around 65kg and trousers feel looser. Since coming down with that flu, I’ve been suffering from muscular/stitch like pain on my left side below the ribs but isn’t debilitating at all.

Some Googling has led me to believe my pancreas may not be functioning as it should. Maybe I should be asking for further testing?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It would be appropriate to have pancreatic enzyme blood tests taken, just to check - as well as some scans, ideally MRCP to check things out down there.

• Posted

Thanks, I will certainly ask my doctor when I next see him to discuss the repeat blood test.

• Posted

Can pancreas related issues be mild in nature? I mostly feel fine and have been going to work as usual. I am still suffering from IBS like symptoms such as gas and today I passed pale loose stools. Pain is mainly gas related and mild and isn't stopping me from doing anything.

I wonder if it just anxiety..

• Posted

sounds like me. I have my upcoming 6 month check-in and plan to mention my pain and loose stools. I have been taking pictures too. How long have you had symptoms?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.