Think i might just had a panic/anxiety attack? :(

Posted , 3 users are following.

Everyone i read about on here's panic/anxiety attacks last for like 5 minutes or so, but for some reason mine have been quick and out the blue! The other couple ive had, my my breath has suddenly been taken away from me, and i panic.

So some of you might have seen my other threads lately, ive had a really really bad time of anxiety the last 4 days. But this morning it ramped up even more when I noticed a dodgy mole and i went into panic mode (not panic attack) i was just getting worked up thinking about, but i'd already agreed to go for a bike ride with my friend. i really didnt want to go i felt so anxious but thought it might do me some good.

So i was biking really slowly, not out of breath or anything i just wanted a stroll, but i just felt so anxious i wanted the bike to be over with. So im just biking along when all of a sudden my breath dissapears/shortens for a second or two, my chest flutters/heart palps, and then bang, gone.. Over in two seconds max

The thing im struggling with is, was it an anxiety attack? Or was it the palpitations causing the shortness of breath?

Hmm sad i had two apperent anxiety attacks when i was first diagnosed, they was similar in that they took my breath for a second or two but there was no chest flutter or palpitations. I try convince myself well an anxiety attack is a surge of adrealine that could obviously cause heart palpls aswell but theyre so scary!!

I felt like i was dying, for the best of the bike i was worrying whether i was going to make it home i was going to slow trying not to raise my heart rate or get out of breath!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It happens all the time.. Its like a quick panic, the way I know its normal is right after, you get that "feeling of room" feeling. Its completely normal, you were using energy, you were anxious, it was bound to happen. Just take deep breaths, calm down and whatever u do, do not stop going for bike rides because of this.. Your mind is going to try and make you think "ok, no more bike rides so we can avoid that", and that's how it gets worse.. If I was you, tonight or tomorrow I would force yourself to go on the same bike ride, same way, so you can show your body that it just happened at the wrong time.

• Posted

i was thinking this, im worried going for a bike ride now because itll suddenly take my breath away again/chest flutters. But i agree with you ive got to force myself through it, ive had lots of tests on my heart.

Just very scary but i suppose thats the whole point of anxiety attacks, they make you feel like your dying im just struggling to convince myself its a panic attack and not some heart rthym problem! sad

• Posted

Yea don't get into that routine of backing out if it scares you, my life changed within 8 months because I gave in every single time.

• Posted

I agree with anxiety . . . keep moving forward!!
  • Posted

Yes, anxiety can make you think such horrible things. I too have been strugling with anxiety for the past few months. It's the most terrible experience of my life. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

?As for your experience the bike ride, not wanting to do it or wishing it was all over, I have all the time. I do force myself and sometimes it is painful. Sometimes I give in to the anxiety and sometimes not.

?I'm a teacher and our first official day back wsa this past Thursday. We staff meeting and I just about died. All the teachers I have known and loved, I was petrified of them. The loud noises. The interactions, etc. I though I was going to lose it. I wrote on my note pad; "relax", "breath" and "let go". Don't know if that helped or not . . . .

?AS the day went on, I got better but the anxiety was definitely looming.

As hard as it is, for the both of us, I think we need to keep trying to branch out and not hide. I'm totally there with you my friend.

?Like Bob Marley sings, "Don't worry, about a thing . . . cause every little thing is going to be alright" Sometimes I repeat that over and over in my head for reassurance.

?Just know that we are all here for you. For advice or just words of encouragement.

?Sending your positive vibes smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.